Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Results: Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

Mine was a Skil wrench handle - I got as a gift and it died.
The hand screw driver boomerang shaped - sits in the house office
and just goes like it should. I think the metal shop got very
hot here in Texas and vaporized the Li-Ion battery.

Martin

On 5/26/2011 6:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/25/2011 9:57 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
My Lithium didn't last a summer. The high heat in the shop
kills the battery.

I hate to keep my tools in the house or create a special room
with refrigeration.

I don't know how a DIY outfit like the current Skil brand does it, but
I've had the original for about three years and can't kill the damn
thing. It stays in the tool bag behind the seat of the truck in all
kinds of weather, always has a charge, even weeks after use, and has
just the right amount of torque to drive hinge and drawer slide screws
into plywood and mdf without stripping, and perfect for tight spots.

http://www.amazon.com/SKIL-Cordless-..._ob_hi_title_1

Festool should be so lucky ...