Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Results: Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

On Thu, 26 May 2011 11:04:14 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

On 5/25/11 9:57 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
My Lithium didn't last a summer. The high heat in the shop
kills the battery.

I hate to keep my tools in the house or create a special room
with refrigeration.

Martin

On 5/25/2011 9:31 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 21:11:29 -0500,

I've heard reviews about lithium ion batteries not lasting as long...
we'll see how that goes.

Can't be any worse than the Nicads on my last 3. Dead if left for
more than 6 weeks - and wouldn't take or hold a charge after 3 or 4
years... My Lithium drill can sit on the shelf or 3 months and still
have a good head of steam.

Bosch has a 2-year battery life guarantee.
I guess that's long enough to determine if they're any good.

Just had one die (won't charge). I bought a bunch, cheap, so I'm not short of
them, but perhaps I'll send it in.