Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Taunton Press 50% off sale

Just a heads up. I got an email today from Taunton, the publishers of
Fine Woodworking magazine. A number of their books are 50% off, it
looks mostly the home building type

http://www.tauntonstore.com/home-des...=shelter-books

Is the kitchen ideas book any good?

Luigi
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 6 May 2011 15:46:49 -0700 (PDT), Luigi Zanasi
wrote:

Just a heads up. I got an email today from Taunton, the publishers of
Fine Woodworking magazine. A number of their books are 50% off, it
looks mostly the home building type

http://www.tauntonstore.com/home-des...=shelter-books

Is the kitchen ideas book any good?

Unfortunately, most of the Taunton "Ideas" books I've thumbed through
are complete rubbish. They've been a real letdown from Taunton's
previously fine offerings.

Check out the online sample pages at Amazon to get an idea before
purchase. http://goo.gl/voxQO I thimply adooore the red (fake
cherry?) and green stained wood cabinets on page 6, don't you? gag

--
I dislike arguments of any kind. They
are always vulgar and often convincing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Just a heads up. I got an email today from Taunton, the publishers of
Fine Woodworking magazine. A number of their books are 50% off, it
looks mostly the home building type

http://www.tauntonstore.com/home-des...=shelter-books

Is the kitchen ideas book any good?

Unfortunately, most of the Taunton "Ideas" books I've thumbed through
are complete rubbish. They've been a real letdown from Taunton's
previously fine offerings.

The biggest disappointment I had from Taunton was the "Complete
ILLUSTRATED Guide to Routers". It had so many photos (A, B, C, D, E, F,
G, H, I, J, K, L, M, ...) with sentence by sentence references that it
was frustrating to read. I will simply avoid anything in that series in
the future. I don't blame the author (Lonnie Bird), as I've read books
of his that I really liked.