Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Statue Of Limitations

Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Statue Of Limitations

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in the
USA for the crime of murder.
"John Law" has very long arms.

Wonder if it really was an unmanned drone as stated or if someone actually
pulled the trigger. I was thinking about the reward offered for his death.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 May 2011 00:36:50 -0400, "Upscale" wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in the
USA for the crime of murder.
"John Law" has very long arms.

Wonder if it really was an unmanned drone as stated or if someone actually
pulled the trigger. I was thinking about the reward offered for his death.

The reports I'm reading indicate that he was shot.

"A small team of Americans killed bin Laden in a firefight Sunday
at a compound in Pakistan, the president said in a dramatic
late-night statement at the White House."
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/1/2011 11:01 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

There is no statute of limitation for murder or treason.

But I get what you are saying.

--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 May 2011 23:51:14 -0500, Robert Allison
wrote:

On 5/1/2011 11:01 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

There is no statute of limitation for murder or treason.

There is no statute of limitations for a fugitive charged with any crime.

But I get what you are saying.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 12:01*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

Interesting, considering he died 7 years ago.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 3:21*am, Robatoy wrote:
On May 2, 12:01*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

Interesting, considering he died 7 years ago.

Lemme guess... his face was shot off?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/2/2011 2:21 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On May 2, 12:01 am, "Lew wrote:
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

Interesting, considering he died 7 years ago.

What would you expect ... coming up on an election year?

When's the last time a POUS crowed, with global coverage, about killing
a fugitive? Seems like it would be something that would have more impact
by just STFU about it, other than a simple State Department statement of
fact.

Yes, Virginia, a culture _can_ collectively play too many video games ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in the
USA for the crime of murder.
"John Law" has very long arms.

Wonder if it really was an unmanned drone as stated or if someone actually
pulled the trigger. I was thinking about the reward offered for his death.

Spec ops raid, shot him in the head, buried at sea (in accordance with
conservative muslim practices). But the compound was very close to
Pakistan's military academy.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 12:01 am, "Lew *wrote:
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

Interesting, considering he died 7 years ago.

What would you expect ... coming up on an election year?

When's the last time a POUS crowed, with global coverage, about killing
a fugitive? Seems like it would be something that would have more impact
by just STFU about it, other than a simple State Department statement of
fact.

Yes, Virginia, a culture _can_ collectively play too many video games ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Shot his face off and dumped him in the ocean (to honour Islamic
laws)... after the fastest DNA analysis in history.
Just blowing the prick away wasn't enough, he had to have a 'woman as
a human shield' and live in a 'mansion'... all stuff that The Great
Unwashed lap up. Nobody will ever know the details. All I know is that
it stinks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The poor ******* resides in hell and you still want him tortured using a US
lawyer?

He had lots of money and he would get off unless you tried him civilly. I
don't expect that exists where he is.

--------------

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
My "John Law" not only has long arms, but an undefined life span.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4dbe2c7f$0$2898
:

Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

Bleeping leftist liberal as I am, I was also in New York City on 9/11, and
I am very glad the scumbag isn't anymore.

Let's end hate. Let's remain vigilant, but not vigilantes.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Let end hate" right after we kill every last one of them.

At least we defended the Christian belief ...turn the other cheek. Who is
running these campaigns anyway?

LOL

It is a momentous day in history for the world, if actually true.
..and a great occasion to boost Obama's political status, even though a
little early on the calendar

---------------

"Han" wrote in message ...
Let's end hate. Let's remain vigilant, but not vigilantes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 02 May 2011 08:32:02 -0500, Markem wrote:

But the compound was very close to
Pakistan's military academy.

Surprise, surprise!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 02 May 2011 00:21:58 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

Interesting, considering he died 7 years ago.

Cite?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 02 May 2011 16:25:03 +0000, Larry Blanchard wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2011 00:21:58 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

Interesting, considering he died 7 years ago.

Cite?

Never mind. It was an unconfirmed rumor. From Wikipedia:

"2004

* February 27: Iranian news agency IRNA reported that bin Laden had
been caught some time earlier in Pakistan. The news was spread by Asheq
Hossein, director of the state-sponsored radio station, who mentioned two
sources. The first source was a reporter of the Pakistani newspaper "The
Nation," Shamim Shahed, who denied ever telling this to Hossein. The
second source was "someone closely related to intelligence agencies and
Afghan tribal elders." Both the Pentagon and a spokesperson of the
Pakistani armed forces have denied the capture of bin Laden. Similar
rumours have appeared from time to time since the start of U.S. military
operations in Afghanistan but none have been confirmed."

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Josepi" wrote in
:

"Let end hate" right after we kill every last one of them.

At least we defended the Christian belief ...turn the other cheek. Who
is running these campaigns anyway?

LOL

Killing Osama wasn't hate from my perspective. It was justice meted out.
I don't know how many others deserve to die. Plenty, I'm sure, but let's
NOT kill just because of rumors. Justice has to be right.

Turning the other cheek, AFAIAC, means if you hit me just once more, I know
it wasn't a mistake, and I will make you pay for it. And I am not sure
there is a god, but hey, your belief is yours as long as it doesn't impact
on me.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

hmmmm.... mixed bag

"Justice"?
I guess we can call it many names. I bet some will call it "assassination",
some "murder"

USanians would call it "revenge", "vigilantism" or "Judaism" (eye for an
eye) by their own rules.

If he had a trial we could call it "Justice" by our society rules. The
Husein method was probably the best.

Now we just have more "brutalism" and "use of excessive force" or possibly
"prevention" of further wars.

It's pretty hard to demonstrate the Christian better way, to the world, when
we don't practice it ourselves.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a professed Christian, nor a full Jew or even
Jew-ish (pun intended).
It's a great event in my mind towards world peace and getting back to our
lives and way of life.

----------------------
"Han" wrote in message ...
Killing Osama wasn't hate from my perspective. It was justice meted out.
I don't know how many others deserve to die. Plenty, I'm sure, but let's
NOT kill just because of rumors. Justice has to be right.

Turning the other cheek, AFAIAC, means if you hit me just once more, I know
it wasn't a mistake, and I will make you pay for it. And I am not sure
there is a god, but hey, your belief is yours as long as it doesn't impact
on me.

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...

Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in the
USA for the crime of murder.

Wot's a statute of limitations ?

Tim W

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/1/2011 11:01 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Lew

There is no statute of limitation for murder or treason.

There is no statute of limitations for a fugitive charged with any crime.

But I get what you are saying.

That is not true. There is even a statute of limitations on rape. look
it up.

That may be true, but irrelevant. Read what I wrote. I am not wrong.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 May 2011 16:22:41 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2011 08:32:02 -0500, Markem wrote:

But the compound was very close to
Pakistan's military academy.

Surprise, surprise!

Not really, neither is your sarcasm I suspect.

So is that with Gomer Pyle imitation? ;

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

What would you expect ... coming up on an election year?

When's the last time a POUS crowed, with global coverage, about
killing a fugitive? Seems like it would be something that would have
more impact by just STFU about it, other than a simple State
Department statement of fact.

Shot his face off and dumped him in the ocean (to honour Islamic
laws)... after the fastest DNA analysis in history.
Just blowing the prick away wasn't enough, he had to have a 'woman as
a human shield' and live in a 'mansion'... all stuff that The Great
Unwashed lap up. Nobody will ever know the details. All I know is that
it stinks.

I agree - sort of.

It was never the goal of the Bush administration to kill or capture OBL. In
the decade before 9/11, there had been about one terrorist attack on the
U.S. or U.S. interests per year (WTC 1, USS Cole, embassy bombings, etc.).
The singular goal of the Bush administration was to put a stop to that. To
do so, tactics were devised to disrupt or curtail terrorist training,
sanctuaries, financing, communication, and recruitment. These tactics were
successful - there were no further attacks on the U.S. or U.S. interests
abroad during the Bush administration.

Of course if, during the course of these endeavors, we ran across OBL, that
would be a plus. But it was never a goal.

Two years ago, President Obama changed, or at least added, to the focus by
instructing the CIA to pull out all the stops in the quest for OBL.

I am not qualified to state that the search for OBL hampered our previous
efforts, but there have already been three attacks on the U.S. mainland
since Obama took office...

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:

I agree - sort of.

It was never the goal of the Bush administration to kill or capture
OBL. In the decade before 9/11, there had been about one terrorist
attack on the U.S. or U.S. interests per year (WTC 1, USS Cole,
embassy bombings, etc.). The singular goal of the Bush administration
was to put a stop to that.

Sorry, but I can't buy into that for one minute. Both Bush administrations
had their eyes set on Saddam Husein. The latter... to much so.

To do so, tactics were devised to disrupt
or curtail terrorist training, sanctuaries, financing, communication,
and recruitment. These tactics were successful - there were no
further attacks on the U.S. or U.S. interests abroad during the Bush
administration.

Really? You believe that? 911 does not somehow disrupt your theory?

Of course if, during the course of these endeavors, we ran across
OBL, that would be a plus. But it was never a goal.

Only because Shrub was too focused on his private battle.

Two years ago, President Obama changed, or at least added, to the
focus by instructing the CIA to pull out all the stops in the quest
for OBL.

Which may be the only thing that idiot has done well to date.

I am not qualified to state that the search for OBL hampered our
previous efforts, but there have already been three attacks on the
U.S. mainland since Obama took office...

Really?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 02 May 2011 21:53:51 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Of course if, during the course of these endeavors, we ran across OBL,
that would be a plus. But it was never a goal.

Rewriting history again?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our
number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

Of course, after failing to find him, Bush did decide to "rest".

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care.
It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

One of the quickest about face maneuvers in history :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2011 21:53:51 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Of course if, during the course of these endeavors, we ran across
OBL, that would be a plus. But it was never a goal.

Rewriting history again?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our
number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

Of course, after failing to find him, Bush did decide to "rest".

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't
care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

One of the quickest about face maneuvers in history :-).

You are correct. During the first week after 9/11, there were several
gut-reaction statements about ben Laden. Perhaps the most famous was Bush's
"Dead or Alive" comparison.

When things calmed down a bit, though, and the situation was thought out, it
became apparent that OBL was not the problem requiring a solution:
international terrorism was. History teaches that cutting off the head of a
belligerent leader accomplishes almost nothing - except, perhaps, personal
satisfaction (as it did in the case of Yamamoto).

In other words, it became obvious to the members of the Bush administration
that concentrating on OBL to the exclusion of other endeavors was a fool's
errand.

From about 9/14/2001, you never again heard a peep from the Bush
administration about their goal being the killing or capturing of OBL. Then,
about two years ago, Obama told Panetta (paraphrasing): "Drop everything and
find Osama ben Laden!"

OBL is now dead. That's certainly a plus.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 03 May 2011 13:33:20 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

OBL is now dead. That's certainly a plus.

There we agree. Now what do we do with the censored in Pakistan who
had to know he waqs there, if not actively help him?

P.S. If some of this is misspelled, I just got vasck from cataract
surgery - things are a little blerred :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 3 May 2011 07:37:12 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

That is not true. There is even a statute of limitations on rape.
look it up.

That may be true, but irrelevant. Read what I wrote. I am not
wrong.

You are correct. The clock stops during the time the charged
individual has decamped.

The clock stops with the indictment.

Yes. I misspoke. The clock starts with the crime, but stops during the
interval when the suspect is beyond the jurisdiction of the proper
authorities. The clock stops with an indictment.

Yes, "fugitive" and "charged" are the key words (I didn't choose them
randomly).
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

That is not true. There is even a statute of limitations on rape.
look it up.

That may be true, but irrelevant. *Read what I wrote. *I am not
wrong.

You are correct. The clock stops during the time the charged
individual has decamped.

The clock stops with the indictment.

Yes. I misspoke. The clock starts with the crime, but stops during the
interval when the suspect is beyond the jurisdiction of the proper
authorities. The clock stops with an indictment.

Yes, "fugitive" and "charged" are the key words (I didn't choose them
randomly).

THE CLOCK STOPS WITH YOUR DEATH, YOU CYBERSTALKING TROLL.

TGITM
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 03 May 2011 11:08:48 -0500, Tim Daneliuk
wrote:

Kind of like running for office condemning the existence of
GTMO, waterboarding, drone strikes, two wars, the Patriot
Act and then ... perpetuating every single one of them
while simultaneously blaming the Last Guy (tm) for everything.

Good to see you understand basic politics.

Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 3 May 2011 17:30:50 -0700 (PDT), "Michael A.Terrell"
wrote:

wrote:

That is not true. There is even a statute of limitations on rape.
look it up.

That may be true, but irrelevant. *Read what I wrote. *I am not
wrong.

You are correct. The clock stops during the time the charged
individual has decamped.

The clock stops with the indictment.

Yes. I misspoke. The clock starts with the crime, but stops during the
interval when the suspect is beyond the jurisdiction of the proper
authorities. The clock stops with an indictment.

Yes, "fugitive" and "charged" are the key words (I didn't choose them
randomly).

THE CLOCK STOPS WITH YOUR DEATH, YOU CYBERSTALKING TROLL.

Oh, the irony, Queerjano!

TGITM

Do get penicillin for that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 12:36*am, "Upscale" wrote:

Wonder if it really was an unmanned drone as stated "

Wow, where do you get your information? Faux Nues?

It was Seal Team Six that went in and got him. USA USA USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 1, 11:01*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Osama Bin Laden has found out there is NO statute of limitations in
the USA for the crime of murder.

"John Law" has very long arms.

Interesting flashback to the 2008 campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYefH...layer_embedded

Luigi

"These gentlemen [the Taliban] are the moral equivalents of America's
founding fathers."
Ronald Reagan,
introducing the Taliban leaders to the media on the White House Lawn,
1985
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 4 May 2011 07:19:04 -0700 (PDT), Gooey wrote:

On May 2, 12:36*am, "Upscale" wrote:

Wonder if it really was an unmanned drone as stated "

Wow, where do you get your information? Faux Nues?

Nah, "Upscale" is a lefty loon, like you.

It was Seal Team Six that went in and got him. USA USA USA

.....at least according to loose-lips Biden.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 4, 10:19*am, Gooey wrote:
On May 2, 12:36*am, "Upscale" wrote:

*Wonder if it really was an unmanned drone as stated "

Wow, where do you get your information? Faux Nues?

It was Seal Team Six that went in and got him. USA USA USA

It's krzwbzzz... let it go..

cement statue Linda Home Repair 3 September 3rd 07 04:11 AM
Height limitations Goedjn Home Repair 2 June 5th 07 03:21 AM
statute of limitations Chris Home Repair 29 April 22nd 07 02:37 PM
How to craft a Statue of Liberty ??? Eliot Coweye Metalworking 9 November 19th 05 10:34 PM