Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Free lumber. Sort of.

Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual WOOD,
but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of wood
chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 9, 7:47*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual WOOD,
but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of wood
chipshttp://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

I wonder who did the heat treating. If the Chinese did it with the
same care they show towards heavy metals in dinnerware and toys, I'd
expect free longhorn beetles with every purchase.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual WOOD,
but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of wood
chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as is
done with cardboard and paper.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 9, 5:06*pm, (Larry W) wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual WOOD,
but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of wood
chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as is
done with cardboard and paper.

It's that trade imbalance thing. They don't even want the shipping
containers back. A local sailboat rigging guy, the one I just got my
Emmert vise from, is moving his shop over into containers just bought
a 45' extra tall container in fine condition for $2500 delivered.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds
of wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as
is done with cardboard and paper.

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds
of wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as
is done with cardboard and paper.

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 8:06*am, "George W Frost" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds
of wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as
is done with cardboard and paper.

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

You'd have to feed the crew...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:19:53 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 10, 8:06*am, "George W Frost" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds
of wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as
is done with cardboard and paper.

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

You'd have to feed the crew...

Dude has a waaaay-big, soggy back yard, eh?

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 10, 10:35*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 10, 8:06*am, "George W Frost" wrote:

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

You'd have to feed the crew...

Dude has a waaaay-big, soggy back yard, eh?

Either that or he wants to start a halfway house for illegal
immigrants being trafficked by container.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default UPDATE: Free lumber. Sort of.

HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds of
wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Got an email back from the lumber wrangler. The timbers are gone, but he
still has oodles of 4x4s and, of course, the chips.

I was mainly interested in the 4x4s as fireplace wood anyway. For free, it's
worth the experiment.

What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't think
they work for mulch - any other ideas?

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

HeyBub wrote:

What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't think
they work for mulch - any other ideas?

Surprised generator of them didn't find an outlet -- altho there may be
no close-enough chipboard or other user to make transport economic.

If not of a toxic or otherwise nasty variety, some use them as
bedding/stall material in animal barns, etc. If it's an uncontrolled
anything goes source, though, that's probably out as an alternative.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Feb 10, 8:06 am, "George W Frost" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds
of wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as
is done with cardboard and paper.

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

You'd have to feed the crew...

Dude has a waaaay-big, soggy back yard, eh?

It has been verrrrry wet down here

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 8:06 am, "George W Frost" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
Oh, it's free, but some might not call it lumber. I mean it's actual
WOOD, but...

Then again, how can you go wrong with many 20 ft "hardwood" 10x10s "

With pics of giant mounds of stacked lumber and even bigger mounds
of wood chips
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/2204934849.html

Kind of surprising that it is no profitable to ship back to china, as
is done with cardboard and paper.

I think the lumber probably came from Nepal. Originally.

Sort of wish I had a container ship in my back yard

You'd have to feed the crew...

*****************

I would hire a crew which were sons of yours, then they would be a chip off
the old block and I could feed them the wood chips also available for free

Posted to rec.woodworking

?
"HeyBub" wrote

What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't
think they work for mulch - any other ideas?

There are some solid fuel boilers that can use them. I'd not use them for
much in case of bugs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
?
"HeyBub" wrote

What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't
think they work for mulch - any other ideas?

There are some solid fuel boilers that can use them. I'd not use them
for much in case of bugs.

Why not?
the bugs will burn the same as the wood

Posted to rec.woodworking

?
"George W Frost" wrote in message
pond.com...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
?
"HeyBub" wrote

What can one do with a few thousand cubic feet of wood chips? I don't
think they work for mulch - any other ideas?

There are some solid fuel boilers that can use them. I'd not use them
for much in case of bugs.

Why not?
the bugs will burn the same as the wood

Typo. Much should be mulch. I don't want bugs spread around the house.
Burning is best use.

Free "Lumber" in Houston? Sonny Woodworking 7 April 25th 10 03:32 AM
free lumber Tater Home Repair 3 September 11th 08 04:01 AM
Building a Workbench and Lumber Storage Rack - Free Diagrams csb001 Woodworking 2 June 14th 07 09:53 PM