Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Some cnc work:

This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 28, 2:36*pm, Robatoy wrote:
This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

I think it'd be kinda fun for anyone.

I have precisely zero experience with CNC. How long did it take to
carve out that Celtic cross?

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...jpghttp://i123...

I think it'd be kinda fun for anyone.

I have precisely zero experience with CNC. *How long did it take to
carve out that Celtic cross?

About 2 hours. It's HDU so the tool speed is reasonably fast. It took
longer to paint.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 28, 3:36*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 28, 3:26*pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Jan 28, 2:36*pm, Robatoy wrote:

This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...jpghttp://i123....

I think it'd be kinda fun for anyone.

I have precisely zero experience with CNC. *How long did it take to
carve out that Celtic cross?

About 2 hours. It's HDU so the tool speed is reasonably fast. It took
longer to paint.

Wow. That's some kind of fast. Looks great, BTW. Oh, one more thing
while I've got you on the line. I must have missed your post where
you invited all wRECkers to your new pub. The subject line was
probably "Drinks Are On Me!" or something like that. Would you mind
posting that again so I could print out the coupon? Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/28/2011 1:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:
This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Hell, that first picture alone looks like it belongs in an art gallery.
It's composed like there's a story in there, just waiting to be told.

You may be in the wrong business, Bro!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 28, 6:24*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/28/2011 1:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Hell, that first picture alone looks like it belongs in an art gallery.
It's composed like there's a story in there, just waiting to be told.

You may be in the wrong business, Bro! *

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Mmmmm... looking at it objectively... it _does_ have a fair bit of
that.... it could have been a frame in Life In A Day....
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message

Wow. That's some kind of fast. Looks great, BTW. Oh, one more thing
while I've got you on the line. I must have missed your post where
you invited all wRECkers to your new pub. The subject line was
probably "Drinks Are On Me!" or something like that. Would you mind
posting that again so I could print out the coupon? Thanks.

I heard he's doing a mail order special for those who can't be there, where
he sends them a free bottle of single-malt--a reprint on the coupon for that
would be cool too, way better than Harbor Freight coupons.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/28/2011 7:21 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 28, 6:24 pm, wrote:
On 1/28/2011 1:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Hell, that first picture alone looks like it belongs in an art gallery.
It's composed like there's a story in there, just waiting to be told.

You may be in the wrong business, Bro!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Mmmmm... looking at it objectively... it _does_ have a fair bit of
that.... it could have been a frame in Life In A Day....

Photoshop in a Campbell's Soup can on the wall and you/we could retire.

remember, I'm now officially your agent

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 28, 6:24 pm, *wrote:
On 1/28/2011 1:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Hell, that first picture alone looks like it belongs in an art gallery..
It's composed like there's a story in there, just waiting to be told.

You may be in the wrong business, Bro! *

Mmmmm... looking at it objectively... it _does_ have a fair bit of
that.... it could have been a frame in Life In A Day....

Photoshop in a Campbell's Soup can on the wall and you/we could retire.

remember, I'm now officially your agent

You'll be taking the standard 87.5% I assume? I mean, after expenses,
of course.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:36:54 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Cool. Is the Celtic cross an onlay or cut in?
What's the sign made of?

Is that for one of the new Banana Bars in Sarnia?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Cool. Is the Celtic cross an onlay or cut in?
What's the sign made of?

Is that for one of the new Banana Bars in Sarnia?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

The cross is one piece of HDU 1-1/2" thick.
The sign back is MDO, the letters Corian.
The building anno 1880 brick.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg

Beautiful work..

Youngest son just ordered a CNC Tormach model 1100. Will be interested to
see it work. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
This is kinda fun for me:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/BGSign.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Signdetail.jpg

Cool. Is the Celtic cross an onlay or cut in?
What's the sign made of?

Is that for one of the new Banana Bars in Sarnia?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

The cross is one piece of HDU 1-1/2" thick.
The sign back is MDO, the letters Corian.
The building anno 1880 brick.

What do you do for swarf collection and disposal, Toy?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 29, 1:56*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

What do you do for swarf collection and disposal, Toy?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

A 1400 CFM single canister DC running a dedicated 4" line to the
spindle.

Here is an example of the effectiveness at removing a 1/8" cut with a
1" bit off a slab of walnut (used as a jointer in this application)
http://tinyurl.com/4d8j3hg

As I cut many materials, the bag on the DC looks like sand-art. It
goes out with my dumpster.

I will be planing a lot of cherry soon, and I let the curlz land on
the floor. I sweep them up and bag them to be used as bedding by a
Doberman breeder. (btw.. his dogs are bred for friendly temperament
and are the most affectionate, sweetest dogs you can wish for...they
don't look the part though...)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:58:20 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Jan 29, 1:56*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
What do you do for swarf collection and disposal, Toy?

A 1400 CFM single canister DC running a dedicated 4" line to the
spindle.

Here is an example of the effectiveness at removing a 1/8" cut with a
1" bit off a slab of walnut (used as a jointer in this application)
http://tinyurl.com/4d8j3hg

Works a charm.

That DC sounds pretty loud, kinda like the router bit. Whatcha
running? My Grizzly 1029 is really quiet. Got a HEPA bag on top yet?

As I cut many materials, the bag on the DC looks like sand-art. It
goes out with my dumpster.

Hey, it might sell on eBay. Ever tried?

I will be planing a lot of cherry soon, and I let the curlz land on
the floor. I sweep them up and bag them to be used as bedding by a
Doberman breeder. (btw.. his dogs are bred for friendly temperament
and are the most affectionate, sweetest dogs you can wish for...they
don't look the part though...)

Dobies are cool dogs, for dogs.

--
We're all here because we're not all there.