JG

Default Veritas wooden spokeshave kit.

While perusing the Veritas web-pages I happened across something that really
made me stop and take notice:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...gory=1,49 601
Fabulous, simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed to
look aweful familiar to something I might have seen on the Web before....
Hmmmmm, now WHERE in the world could I have seen this before?-)

--
John Gunterman What, who? Me? a shill?!?!?!?! NEVER!!!!
http://www.shavings.net/TEACHSHAVE.HTM

Jack

I would guess that lee valley's patent application is probably on the blade
design with the threaded posts for adjustment.
I can already think of an improvement which could be made to that...

If anyone is willing to send me a free spokeshave I'll send you my method.

-Jack

JG wrote:
While perusing the Veritas web-pages I happened across something that

really
made me stop and take notice:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...gory=1,49 601
Fabulous, simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed

look aweful familiar to something I might have seen on the Web

before....
Hmmmmm, now WHERE in the world could I have seen this before?-)

--
John Gunterman What, who? Me? a shill?!?!?!?! NEVER!!!!
http://www.shavings.net/TEACHSHAVE.HTM
Just say,(tm P.L.) that looks an aweful lot like a Hock iron, to me.

A Dubya

Nice set-up for the kit. Too bad it's not a Hock blade.....

Cheers,

aw

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:32:20 -0500, "JG" brought
forth from the murky depths:

While perusing the Veritas web-pages I happened across something that really
made me stop and take notice:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...gory=1,49 601
Fabulous, simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed to
look aweful familiar to something I might have seen on the Web before....
Hmmmmm, now WHERE in the world could I have seen this before?-)

Yeah, where, indeed? They have a slightly different approach
than yours did, though, Guntie. Same price but without the
little stick o' wood riding along with it. Bueno!

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming

Robin Lee

"A Dubya" wrote in message
Nice set-up for the kit. Too bad it's not a Hock blade.....

Cheers,

aw

Why ? You don't like made in USA blades???

Curious, given your handle...

Cheers -

Rob

A Dubya

Hey Robin,

You mean your blades aren't made in Canada? hehehe.

I know, I know, Ron's been importing. I'll have to shoot into Ottawa and
try one of the kits, I've been using various Hock's with "ye old robertson
set screws" forever.

I haven't seen the "old guy" poking around Almonte lately. I used to catch
him looking over my shoulder at RW Studio, when he'd stop in for a visit.

Cheers,

aw

Robin Lee

"A Dubya" wrote in message
Hey Robin,

You mean your blades aren't made in Canada? hehehe.

I know, I know, Ron's been importing. I'll have to shoot into Ottawa and
try one of the kits, I've been using various Hock's with "ye old

robertson
set screws" forever.

I haven't seen the "old guy" poking around Almonte lately. I used to

catch
him looking over my shoulder at RW Studio, when he'd stop in for a visit.

Cheers,

aw

Hi -

He still spends most of his time up the street at 36 Mill street....

Website's been updated recently, and you can see what they're cooking up...
but don't look until you've had your lunch....

www.canica.com

Cheers -

Rob