Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch colt?

Does anyone have a Bosch Colt router with the standard base?
I'm trying to find out the minimum distance from the edge of the
standard base to the center of the bit. In other words, how close to
the wall can I get with the standard base?

I went to the Bosch site and found a lot of info but couldn't find any
measurements as to the size of the base.

Thanks for any help,

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/22/10 10:04 PM, Mike O. wrote:
Does anyone have a Bosch Colt router with the standard base?
I'm trying to find out the minimum distance from the edge of the
standard base to the center of the bit. In other words, how close to
the wall can I get with the standard base?

I went to the Bosch site and found a lot of info but couldn't find any
measurements as to the size of the base.

Thanks for any help,

Just went and measured mine, two inches.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/22/2010 9:04 PM, Mike O. wrote:
Does anyone have a Bosch Colt router with the standard base?
I'm trying to find out the minimum distance from the edge of the
standard base to the center of the bit. In other words, how close to
the wall can I get with the standard base?

I went to the Bosch site and found a lot of info but couldn't find any
measurements as to the size of the base.

It's 1 7/8" on three sides. If 1 3/4" will do the trick for your
application, I think that can be obtained by replacing the knurled
capped locking screw with a regular screw or bolt (I think it's a ¼x20)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/22/10 9:28 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Just went and measured mine, two inches.

Oh Lord.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/22/2010 9:47 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/22/10 9:28 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Just went and measured mine, two inches.

Oh Lord.

You beat me to it. :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/23/10 12:00 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 12/22/2010 9:47 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/22/10 9:28 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Just went and measured mine, two inches.

Oh Lord.

You beat me to it. :-)

My router damnit.
It was -7C when I posted that, I dare yours to be longer in those
conditions. :-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:45:47 -0500, FrozenNorth wrote:

It was -7C when I posted that, I dare yours to be longer in those
conditions. :-)

I can't even find mine in those conditions :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/23/10 12:00 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 12/22/2010 9:47 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/22/10 9:28 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Just went and measured mine, two inches.

Oh Lord.

You beat me to it. :-)

My router damnit.
It was -7C when I posted that, I dare yours to be longer in those
conditions. :-)

Thanks guys,

Mike...still laughing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike O." wrote in message
Does anyone have a Bosch Colt router with the standard base?
I'm trying to find out the minimum distance from the edge of the
standard base to the center of the bit. In other words, how close to
the wall can I get with the standard base?

I went to the Bosch site and found a lot of info but couldn't find any
measurements as to the size of the base.

Thanks for any help,

Mike O.

I like the feel of the Colt, but it's time-consuming (for me anyway) to get
the depth adjustment correct. The first thing that I did when I bought mine
was to order a round sub base from Rockler. It accepts Porter Cable
Template Guide Bushings and is easier for me to do certain operations much
easier than with a weird square base.

woodstuff