Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Re-stain over tung oil?

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 02:07:19 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

wrote

I got to the point where I would quit watching the show when he
started his finishing because it was too damn painful. Well intended
no doubt, but some of the things he did were just invitations to
disaster. Oddly, there were times when doing it correctly would have
been easier!

Agreed, Robert. He's smear polyurinestain or milk paint over anything,
even curly cherry and birdseye maple.

My wife, who knows nothing about finishing, would scream when Norm finished
some of his products. She just did not understand why he would go to such
trouble to make a nice project out of good wood and paint it with some ugly
color.

She obviously knows more about finishing than The Nahm.

--
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.