Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rare earth magnetic knife holders

It must be correct.
I looked it up in the Unabridged Sarnia Real People's Word Master
Dictionary.

Not everybody in the word slangs like you do.

"RicodJour" wrote in message
It's a blessing...and a curse. Sigh. What do you think 'sharpen'
means? It does not mean to make smooth. What does 'sharp' mean?
I'll save my fingers the walking and say, with respect to knives, it
means 'cuts easily'.

The J-unit said steels do not sharpen, which is an extreme example of
complete nonsense.

On Oct 30, 2:45 pm, Robatoy wrote:
For once Guiseppi is correct.... in a sense. What the steel does is
not remove any material but it creates a slightly serrated edge on an
already existing edge by lightly 'bending' if you will, the otherwise
smooth edge. It creates 'tooth'. Strapping does the opposite.

Stick to words, Rico.

On Oct 30, 2:12 am, "Josepi" wrote:
Knife steels do not actually sharpen knives. They have no abrasive but
rather only allign the edge again. There should be no metal come off using a
steel.

Posted to rec.woodworking

OMG! We are all good people and none of would ever steel, even facing west
or east.

Ever had an "east infection"?

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
Guess what the steel does to the blade if the steel carries even
a trace of a magnetic field. Prevent that by ALWAYS facing
magnetic east or magnetic west whenever steeling.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/31/10 3:38 PM, Josepi wrote:
I agree with you but let's see your facts, cites or sites.

Someone tells you the sky is yellow and you feel the need to prove them
wrong?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
I agree with you but let's see your facts, cites or sites.

Someone tells you the sky is yellow and you feel the need to prove them
wrong?

The problem is that his mental makeup has a hard wiring short somewhere.
It's impossible to counter his comments because he's unable to comprehend
logical replies.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Rough up back side of magnet with a coarse grinding wheel.

Which brings up the point that some rare-earth magnets are made of materials
(cobalt, neodymium) considered fairly toxic. If memory serves the REM I got
from Lee Valley had instructions telling me to wash my hands after handling
the magnets. So perhaps the grinding wheel thing should be reconsidered.
Lee Valley also says their steel magnet mounting cups increase the
effectiveness of their magnets by four times.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmMNdiCz_s

RIP George.

You beat me to it. Carlin was, I believe, one of the greats.

One of these days I'm going to spring for that complete box-set of all his
HBO specials and other TV appearances.

I especially like his 11th Commandment--Thou shall keep they religion to
thyself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's what I figured. You just troll Usenet looking for somebody to
disagree with and have nothing to ever back it up or add to the discussion.
When asked about your comments, you just get silly, again.

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Someone tells you the sky is yellow and you feel the need to prove them
wrong?

On 10/31/10 3:38 PM, Josepi wrote:
I agree with you but let's see your facts, cites or sites.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/31/10 8:35 PM, Josepi wrote:
That's what I figured. You just troll Usenet looking for somebody to
disagree with and have nothing to ever back it up or add to the discussion.
When asked about your comments, you just get silly, again.

You're projecting again, moron.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)