G & G Etzel

Default SHAME

I think BOB S. needs his mouth washed out . Shame on you!! ..GE

Tom Veatch

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:54:05 -0700, "G & G Etzel" wrote:

I think BOB S. needs his mouth washed out . Shame on you!! ..GE

I didn't see the post that sparked this response, but please be aware that there is an individual or individuals who delights in
posting trash to this newsgroup while identifying themselves as one of the group's "regulars". They are fairly easy to identify both
by the obscenity of the content and by the headers attached to the message. Both are quite different from the postings of the
regulars.

The best response to these persons, called "Trolls", is to totally and completely ignore them. They feed on the outrage and turmoil
their actions cause. Without that feedback, they eventually starve and disappear. If the postings are so offensive that you are
unable to ignore them, or simply feel that you shouldn't have to encounter their drivel, there are methods by which the posts can be
identified and disposed of before the messages are displayed. I use such "filtering" software which is likely the reason I didn't
see the message that offended you.

The points are, first, don't assume the name attached to the offensive post is actually the person who posted it. Most likely it is
the troll using an anonymous remailer to disguise/hide his identity. Second, don't feed the troll (DFTT) by replying to, responding
to, or recognizing the existence of the offending post in any way, shape, or form. If we all follow those two guidelines, eventually
the trolls will tire of their play and go elsewhere.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA
Bob

I would suggest you simply do a Block Sender on Bob S. and be done with it.
The butt-head that's been using my handle, and others, is about to get his
wings severely clipped. Sorry you were offended but it wasn't me but you
wouldn't/couldn't have known that without looking at the message headers.

The time I used to try to offer some advice is now being spent building a
case against the pervert posting this garbage - thinking he's untouchable.
He's not but it does take some doing and now that he has my attention, I
plan to follow through. Every post he makes here is being archived for
reference.

Bob S.

Bay Area Dave

the Wreck regulars could say SHAME on you for being unable
to detect when a troll impersonates regulars here. In the
past week or so, the idiot has impersonated at least 6
regulars, including me...

dave

G & G Etzel wrote:
I think BOB S. needs his mouth washed out . Shame on you!! ..GE

dave in fairfax

Bob wrote:
The time I used to try to offer some advice is now being spent building a
case against the pervert posting this garbage - thinking he's untouchable.
He's not but it does take some doing and now that he has my attention, I
plan to follow through. Every post he makes here is being archived for
reference.

Good for you Bob. Anything I can do to help?
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: