Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
cc cc is offline

Default framing question for wall access to entertainment center

We ahve come to realize that we need rear access ot the netertainment
components, would be attic access. Am thinking of cutting in sealed
dorrs to TV storate space and component storate space. Teh
entertainment center is builtin. So will need ot install a header and
frame out the opening on the existing wall. The wall is not load
bearing. I assume I could nail or screww acouple of 2x4's across and
above the space where I need ot cut the exisitng studs. Would a couple
of 2x4 be sufficient as the header, similar ot header over a door? Or
do I need somehting more substantion. Area I need ot cut into and
install a door spans about 3-4 feet across.

Chris

Entertainment Center Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 24 June 9th 09 12:43 AM
Entertainment Center Revisited, The Before Leon Woodworking Plans and Photos 7 June 4th 07 06:36 AM
Entertainment Center Revisited Leon Woodworking 2 June 2nd 07 04:54 AM
Entertainment center Max Woodworking 11 April 4th 05 07:11 PM
DVD holders in Entertainment Center Christopher Mooney Woodworking 2 December 23rd 03 02:13 PM