Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Entertainment Center Revisited, The Before

Here is a picture of the entertainment center in its original version.

Attached Thumbnails
Entertainment Center Revisited, The Before-ent-center-1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
t...
Here is a picture of the entertainment center in its original version.

Like I said before, modern day electronics just keep changing.

At least this is a model that they could change. I have a big entertainment
center that will have to go the way of the scrap heap because anything I buy
for it now will not fit.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
At least this is a model that they could change. I have a big

entertainment
center that will have to go the way of the scrap heap because anything I

buy
for it now will not fit.

Isn't it mostly the other way around? Aside from TVs that are getting
bigger, everything else in the electronics arena is getting smaller.
Consider your entertainment centre has gone on a weight loss regime and
now
everything that it used to wear is too big and loose.

In this case, the TV spot is too small. And you are right, everything else
on this center is too big!!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
In this case, the TV spot is too small. And you are right, everything

else
on this center is too big!!

And chance of cannibalizing some of the too big space for the too small TV
space? On my entertainment centre I built some 14 years ago that currently
has space for a 32" CRT TV, I've figured out that I can use the CD/DVD
rack
space in the entertainment centre adjacent to one side of the TV and usurp
it up for upgrading to a 40" LCD TV when that time arrives.

Nope. It has a fixed divider right down the middle.

Or course, consider how prices are dropping for LCD and Plasma TV's, I'll
probably end up buying a much larger unit when I do upgrade.

Same here. When I get the new big screen, I have to go back to the drawing
board for the new entertainment center.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

snippage
Or course, consider how prices are dropping for LCD and Plasma TV's,
I'll probably end up buying a much larger unit when I do upgrade.

Same here. When I get the new big screen, I have to go back to the
drawing board for the new entertainment center.

I can't go any bigger, really. The room is too small to move further back.
So while the televisions are getting cheaper, real estate certainly isn't.

Patriarch
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Patriarch" wrote in message

I can't go any bigger, really. The room is too small to move further

back.
So while the televisions are getting cheaper, real estate certainly isn't.

Isn't that one of the advantages to high definition TV? It doesn't look as
grainy up close. Considering that the current crop of TVs are pushing the
"theatre experience", they should look big.

On second thought, thinking about seeing up close detail of some big asses
(both figuratively and literal big asses) makes me consider forgoing the
theatre experience altogether.

Entertainment Center Revisited Leon Woodworking Plans and Photos 13 June 4th 07 05:06 PM
Entertainment Center Revisited Leon Woodworking 2 June 2nd 07 04:54 AM
Entertainment Center Scratches [email protected] Home Repair 3 November 14th 06 03:20 PM
Entertainment center Max Woodworking 11 April 4th 05 07:11 PM
DVD holders in Entertainment Center Christopher Mooney Woodworking 2 December 23rd 03 02:13 PM