Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Entertainment Center Revisited

In 1995 I built a rather unique entertainment center that would house stereo
equipment, CD's, a 35" console TV, provide display storage, speakers and
provide an opening to an existing opening. Whew!

So any way my customer called me a couple of weeks ago stating that the 35"
console TV was shot and they now have a 37" LCD setting in its place and
wanted to know if I could I fill in the voids.

Attached are pictures with the new TV and the new chest that it is setting
on. I though that I matched the 12 year old stain pretty well. Of course I
used the same brand and color.
The chest has 4 drawers and the pulls are all bunched together. The top
drawer pulls are on the bottom of the drawer front and the bottom drawer
pulls are on the top of the drawer front.

Attached Thumbnails
Entertainment Center Revisited-dscf0019-medium-jpg  Entertainment Center Revisited-dscf0017-medium-jpg  Entertainment Center Revisited-dscf0018-medium-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

Attached are pictures with the new TV and the new chest that it is setting
on. I though that I matched the 12 year old stain pretty well. Of course

used the same brand and color.
The chest has 4 drawers and the pulls are all bunched together. The top
drawer pulls are on the bottom of the drawer front and the bottom drawer
pulls are on the top of the drawer front.

Beautifully done! I really like the design as the entire piece complements
today's TV/component design.

What are the birds up to?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

Attached are pictures with the new TV and the new chest that it is
setting
on. I though that I matched the 12 year old stain pretty well. Of
course

used the same brand and color.
The chest has 4 drawers and the pulls are all bunched together. The top
drawer pulls are on the bottom of the drawer front and the bottom drawer
pulls are on the top of the drawer front.

Beautifully done! I really like the design as the entire piece complements
today's TV/component design.

What are the birds up to?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Thank you Swingman, I guess the biggest reward was when the customer later
said that you would never know that the entire cabinet was not always like
that.

Birds?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee" wrote in message
. net...
VERY nice

Thank you Sir.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:57:17 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

In 1995 I built a rather unique entertainment center that would house stereo
equipment, CD's, a 35" console TV, provide display storage, speakers and
provide an opening to an existing opening. Whew!

.... snip

Attached are pictures with the new TV and the new chest that it is setting
on. I though that I matched the 12 year old stain pretty well. Of course I
used the same brand and color.

.... snip

Very nice. I've always thought it much harder to rework something
existing and have it come out nicely vs. getting to start from scratch.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
et...
In 1995 I built a rather unique entertainment center that would house
stereo equipment, CD's, a 35" console TV, provide display storage,
speakers and provide an opening to an existing opening. Whew!

So any way my customer called me a couple of weeks ago stating that the
35" console TV was shot and they now have a 37" LCD setting in its place
and wanted to know if I could I fill in the voids.

Attached are pictures with the new TV and the new chest that it is setting
on. I though that I matched the 12 year old stain pretty well. Of course
I used the same brand and color.
The chest has 4 drawers and the pulls are all bunched together. The top
drawer pulls are on the bottom of the drawer front and the bottom drawer
pulls are on the top of the drawer front.

Nice job, Leon! The other work stands the test of time very well too.
It must have been a shot in the arm hearing back from a customer after
12 years...

Bob the Tomato
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nicely done- I had to carefully re-read your email to figure out what
was new, and what was old.

Cheers
Mike

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

In 1995 I built a rather unique entertainment center that would house stereo
equipment, CD's, a 35" console TV, provide display storage, speakers and
provide an opening to an existing opening. Whew!

So any way my customer called me a couple of weeks ago stating that the 35"
console TV was shot and they now have a 37" LCD setting in its place and
wanted to know if I could I fill in the voids.

Attached are pictures with the new TV and the new chest that it is setting
on. I though that I matched the 12 year old stain pretty well. Of course I
used the same brand and color.
The chest has 4 drawers and the pulls are all bunched together. The top
drawer pulls are on the bottom of the drawer front and the bottom drawer
pulls are on the top of the drawer front.

begin 666 DSCF0019 (Medium).JPG
[Image]

end

begin 666 DSCF0017 (Medium).JPG
[Image]

end

begin 666 DSCF0018 (Medium).JPG
[Image]

end

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob the Tomato" wrote in message

Nice job, Leon! The other work stands the test of time very well too.
It must have been a shot in the arm hearing back from a customer after
12 years...

Thanks Bob, actually this particular customer is a neighbor of 26 years. I
have built probably a dozed pieces for him/her.

What I do like is getting business from a new customer that has seen my work
at anothers customers house, that saw my work at another customers house,
that saw my work at another customers house. ;~) I guess that would be
considered a referal, by a referal, by a referal. That has happened a
couple of times.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Michael Beacom" wrote in message
Nicely done- I had to carefully re-read your email to figure out what
was new, and what was old.

Thank you Michael, I take that as a double complement.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Michael Beacom" wrote in message

Check out Entertainment Center Revisited, The Before

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That's really beautiful, Leon. I have a question, though. Is there a
reason why the space above and below the speakers is closed in rather
than open for additional storage space? Or are those concealed doors?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message
That's really beautiful, Leon. I have a question, though. Is there a
reason why the space above and below the speakers is closed in rather than
open for additional storage space? Or are those concealed doors?

Thank you.

The spaces below and above the speakers are storage drawers. There is a
cove cut into the bottom of the top and top of the bottom drawer for access
to pull them open.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message
That's really beautiful, Leon. I have a question, though. Is there a
reason why the space above and below the speakers is closed in rather than
open for additional storage space? Or are those concealed doors?

Thank you.

The spaces below and above the speakers are storage drawers. There is a
cove cut into the bottom of the top and top of the bottom drawer for access
to pull them open.

Sneaky! :-)

Entertainment Center Revisited Leon Woodworking 2 June 2nd 07 04:54 AM
Entertainment Center Scratches [email protected] Home Repair 3 November 14th 06 03:20 PM
Entertainment center Max Woodworking 11 April 4th 05 07:11 PM
computer entertainment center Archer Woodworking 2 August 23rd 04 11:37 PM
DVD holders in Entertainment Center Christopher Mooney Woodworking 2 December 23rd 03 02:13 PM