Posted to rec.woodworking

Default MLCS router bits

In the hunt for some dado router bits for a project that is up and
coming. I've searched around and found that MLCS has what I need at a
very good price.

Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with MLCS bits in general. I
like the fact that they have free shipping and of course the price.
Yes, if I could, I go with CMT or higher quality bits, but money is
tight.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 28, 1:07*pm, "
wrote:
In the hunt for some dado router bits for a project that is up and
coming. I've searched around and found that MLCS has what I need at a
very good price.

Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with MLCS bits in general. I
like the fact that they have free shipping and of course the price.
Yes, if I could, I go with CMT or higher quality bits, but money is
tight.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be posting a question about woodworking on
this newsgroup. From current postings I surmise that that isn't
allowed. Thanks.

PS No first hand knowledge of their bits, but they get pretty much
universally good reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/MLCS-8377-Rout...owViewpoints=1
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:45:53 -0500, Steve Turner wrote:

Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with MLCS bits in general. I
like the fact that they have free shipping and of course the price.
Yes, if I could, I go with CMT or higher quality bits, but money is
tight.

MJ

I have quite a few MLCS bits and they do the job very nicely. Assuming,
of course, that "the job" does not mean "lasting forever in a production
shop". Occasional use from a hobbyist wooderworker and the bits should
last a good long time. I've never had one crap out.

I'll agree with Steve. I've also bought bits from MLCS and am a
satisfied user thereof.

BTW, a couple of strokes of a fine diamond file on each cutter after each
use will increase useful life quite a bit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Markem" wrote:
You a stock holder Lew? Infinity that is.

------------
Just a satisfied customer.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 28, 4:35*pm, Markem wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:16:57 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Just for fun, check Infinity, they work for me.

You a stock holder Lew? Infinity that is.

Majority stock holder or owner - he said "they work for me."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:35:02 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote the following:

On Jul 28, 4:35*pm, Markem wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:16:57 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Just for fun, check Infinity, they work for me.

You a stock holder Lew? Infinity that is.

Majority stock holder or owner - he said "they work for me."

Two points, Ricky.

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Would straight bits work for your dadoing?

I'll send you an email. Check your spam folder, if it doesn't show up
in your regular mail.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:07:25 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

In the hunt for some dado router bits for a project that is up and
coming. I've searched around and found that MLCS has what I need at a
very good price.

Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with MLCS bits in general. I
like the fact that they have free shipping and of course the price.
Yes, if I could, I go with CMT or higher quality bits, but money is
tight.

MJ

I own a lot of them and they work for me. Maybe not quite as
clean-cutting as some, but more than adequate. I find their Katana
line to be a little better in quality and only a little higher in
price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
In the hunt for some dado router bits for a project that is up and
coming. I've searched around and found that MLCS has what I need at a
very good price.

Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with MLCS bits in general. I
like the fact that they have free shipping and of course the price.
Yes, if I could, I go with CMT or higher quality bits, but money is
tight.

MJ

I am not sure I would buy just "1" MCLS bit, I think I would opt for a whole
set. Set prices are a very good value.
Yes you will be buying bits that you may never use but you will have them
at a very reasonable price.

When and if you need to replace one of those bits, replace it with a better
brand, CMT, Whiteside, Amana bit. Chances are that the MCLS bit that you
are replacing is the one that you are using the most. In this case quality
trumps inexpensive.

MLCS bits -- how good? BillinDetroit Woodworking 9 July 21st 07 09:18 AM
MLCS Horiz. Crown Molding bits Lance Woodworking 0 August 31st 06 03:17 AM
Are MLCS or Katana router bits on a par with Amana, CMT, Bosch...? David Woodworking 8 December 19th 05 11:59 PM
MLCS router bits Rich Woodworking 7 October 9th 03 03:00 AM
Router Bits From MLCS RJD74 Woodworking 4 September 8th 03 05:52 AM