Layne

Default Enough drawers, you think?

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne
Eugene

Layne wrote:

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

Needs a few more drawers.
I can see why he almost quit a couple times, I got sick of seeing drawers
after making the 13 for my kitchen
Edwin Pawlowski

Layne wrote in message ...
http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

If my father-in-law was still alive, he'd build it, but larger. And he'd
fill it.

Me? I'd be bored by drawer number 6.
Ed

Mark

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Layne wrote in message ...

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

If my father-in-law was still alive, he'd build it, but larger. And he'd
fill it.

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment. Seems
every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Me? I'd be bored by drawer number 6.
Ed

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)

Morris Dovey

Mark wrote:

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at
this moment. Seems every time I create even one square or
cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Yes, of course. To NOT fill it would be a waste of space and
would show a lack of appreciation for your efforts. (-:

It's normal, if not completely rational.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Mark wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Layne wrote in message ...

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

If my father-in-law was still alive, he'd build it, but larger. And he'd
fill it.

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment. Seems
every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Go to the Library.

Look for the books published by 'C. Northcote Parkinson'.

Find the one called "Mrs. Parkinson's Law"

READ it.

You *will* be enlightened.

Bob Davis

"Mark" wrote in message

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

Is this normal?

There is a corollary. If your wife is just over five feet tall, they only
fill up to the levels even with my eyeballs. It gives the house kind of a
layered look - overflowing everywhere below six feet and empty shelves and
drawers above six feet.

Bob

Mark

Bob Davis wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

Is this normal?

There is a corollary. If your wife is just over five feet tall, they only
fill up to the levels even with my eyeballs. It gives the house kind of a
layered look - overflowing everywhere below six feet and empty shelves and
drawers above six feet.

Bob.

I wish this were so.

Wife is 4'11". I built storage in the bathroom, 6 shelves roughly 14" square,
top shelf is about 6'6".

She has a ladder, all the shelves overflow. She runs out of shampoo does she
open one of the handful of full sized bottles or one of what seems like the
hundred sample bottles? No, she goes and buys more. And who the hell needs 6 16
oz (?) bottles of skin so soft all_right_there ...

The thing beyond me is - there isn't a towel or washcloth near this closet.
Those are kept in the pantry. With some of her clothes. If there isn't a towel
or washcloth I'm screwed. Their in the hall, not in the closet I built right
next to the tub where all I would have to do is reach out and grab one. That's
why I put it there.

Friday night I was in the shower and realized I needed a bar of soap. Good
frigging luck finding it.

So I started pulling stuff out and stuffing it in a bag ..... you would think
she caught me gang banging her sisters and talking crap about her Mother.

Twelve and a half years of marriage and I've never been this deep on her ****
list. And I've pulled some **** (nothing involving her sisters). She's busting
on me for having tools laying around the house ... I'm remodeling the damned
thing, one kitchen cabinet ready to install, number two about ready to be finished.

I had better get back to it, she went to Wally World to get more crap. Wally's
next to GoodWill. Damn, that could lead to a rant about the 24 feet of shelving
in the shop which she took over, or the van I bought for parts but am afraid to
jack up because it's filled with her crap to sell on eBay ....

"Mrs. Parkinson's Law" ? I need some insight to this insanity. Hell, I had to
fight with her to move her crap so I could remodel the MASTER bedroom into HER
office.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)

Gerald Ross

Layne wrote:

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

A fortune in Knobs alone.

--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"

Wood Butcher

Not even close to a world record.
I've got 282 drawers.

Except that I didn't make them. Several years
ago I managed to score 5 library card catalog
cabinets at a university auction. These have from
36 to 72 drawers each. And yes, they are all full.

Art

Layne wrote in message ...
http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

Tim Douglass

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:41:17 -0700, Layne wrote:

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

I *love* it! I saw one a few years ago with about 50 drawers, but this
is much more fun. That picture just went into my inspirations folder.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Mark & Juanita

In article ,
says...

Bob Davis wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

Is this normal?

.... snip
[...]

Does your house look like one of those on "Clean Sweep"?
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/cleansweep/cleansweep.html

No, my house doesn't look that way, but the only reason my folk's
house doesn't look like one of those is that they have a farm and dad
has let mom use the outbuildings to store stuff in. Part of it comes
from growing up during the depression era, Mom will not get rid of
anything -- Dad is a little more sanguine about getting rid of things he
is sure he will not need again. I know I have been influenced by their
concerns as well, I do not like wasting anything, but I do not mind
finding someone who can use what I no longer need.

Mark

patriarch wrote:

Is this normal?

Is she a quilter?

Counted cross stitch. Good at it too.

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)

Layne

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:41:20 GMT, Mark
wrote:

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment. Seems
every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Ed, you two have a symbiotic relationship and were meant for each
other....

Layne
Layne

wrote:

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment. Seems
every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Ed! I just had a thought! Build in FAKE drawers that DO NOT OPEN! Hah!
;-)

Layne
David Hall

Mark wrote in message news:kswgc.31363$B%
SNIP
If my father-in-law was still alive, he'd build it, but larger. And he'd
fill it.

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment. Seems
every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Me? I'd be bored by drawer number 6.
Ed

Of course it is. This is why I don't throw anything out anymore. To
throw out the completely useless blurfl in the attic would simply
allow something in the house to be moved to the attic and that would
create an appropriate area to put something else - which most likely
QVC is selling today.

Dave Hall
Leonard Lopez

They're called pack rats!

Mark wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Layne wrote in message

http://neilmoffatt.co.uk/Images/Wood...erCabinet.html

Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it
I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

If my father-in-law was still alive, he'd build it, but larger. And he'd
fill it.

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment.
Seems every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she
has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Me? I'd be bored by drawer number 6.
Ed

Plan for Glass Front Drawers John Gehlsen Woodworking 2 August 23rd 06 12:23 PM
Acrylic Drawers Sandie C Woodworking 2 August 23rd 06 12:17 PM
Making drawers David UK diy 3 September 12th 03 11:38 AM