Sandie C

Default Acrylic Drawers

HI All
I have a question about acrylic drawers I am making a special storage
cabinet and am looking to purchase acrylic drawer/trays to put in them
instead of regular drawers, anyone got any ideas on where to buy them or who
makes them?

Thanks
Sandie

Unisaw A100

Sandie C wrote:
I have a question about acrylic drawers I am making a special storage
cabinet and am looking to purchase acrylic drawer/trays to put in them
instead of regular drawers, anyone got any ideas on where to buy them or who
makes them?

Try an aquarium builder in your area. The price won't be
cheap but depending on quality you could pay less or you
could pay more.

The best "museum quality" acrylic fabricator I know of is a
company called Just Plastics in New York. They did bubble
free joints in two inch material for a project of mine but
as I said, it won't be cheap.

http://www.justplastics.com

Also, Google the words Museum Quality Acrylic.

UA100
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisaw A100
Sandie C wrote:
I have a question about acrylic drawers I am making a special storage
cabinet and am looking to purchase acrylic drawer/trays to put in them
instead of regular drawers, anyone got any ideas on where to buy them or who
makes them?

Try an aquarium builder in your area. The price won't be
cheap but depending on quality you could pay less or you
could pay more.

The best "museum quality" acrylic fabricator I know of is a
company called Just Plastics in New York. They did bubble
free joints in two inch material for a project of mine but
as I said, it won't be cheap.

http://www.justplastics.com

Also, Google the words Museum Quality Acrylic.

UA100
Thank you for the vote of confidence!!

Depending on size, they may not be as expensive as you might think. Generally, drawer inserts do not need special museum quality cement.

Feel free to give me a call and I will give you pricing, hopefully you will be pleasently surprised.

drilling through 4" of acrylic without melting the stuff? Bruno Metalworking 7 August 23rd 06 12:39 PM
Plan for Glass Front Drawers John Gehlsen Woodworking 2 August 23rd 06 12:23 PM
Exterior Acrylic Christian McArdle UK diy 0 May 10th 04 04:35 PM
Acrylic Paint TheScullster UK diy 2 April 5th 04 10:16 AM
Making drawers David UK diy 3 September 12th 03 11:38 AM