Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Building my first woodworking space, need help

Hello:

I've always been interested in woodworking since 7th grade when I took
shop, but I've never had the time, money or space to get into the
hobby. But now that I'm in my mid 30's, own a house and some land, and
have some disposable income that She lets me spend I am finally going
to get started.

I live in the burbs, on a 110 X 60 plot, in a house with no garage or
basement. The old shed I had was tiny, barely enough to get the lawn
mower inside, but this weekend I am getting a brand new 12 X 12 shed
from Shedsusa.com. I opted for the Gambrel roof for extra storage, and
the heavy duty flooring. Style is classic, with the 40 inch doors in
the front.

So, my question to you wise people is this: How much work can I get in
this shed? Will I have enough room to do any work?

Also, should I wire the inside with electrical cable? I was imagining
putting in a light switch and some outlets around the shed, an dmaybe
putting in an outlet into the work bench I am going to build. I can't
legally run a circuit to the shed, so the best i would be able to do
is drag a 12/3 extension cord to the shed and plug it into a jack to
power the shed.

Has anyone else done something like this before that has any
experiences they want to share?

Thanks,
Dave