Purple Moose

Default Building into cathedral ceiling space?

We have a dining room / living room area that has cathedral ceilings that
go all the way to the height of the roof of the 2nd floor. Has anyone ever
heard of someone building into this space to gain additional square footage
(rooms or room)? Anyone know of any before/after shots of such a project?

Looking for ideas here.

--
Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

It has been done with more and less success.
I'd use a qualified architect or designer to plan it out.
A first visit is usually free and should yield useful information on
the difficulties and potential for your particular project.
Do a search for loft spaces.
TB

Colbyt

"Purple Moose" wrote in message
.11...
We have a dining room / living room area that has cathedral ceilings that
go all the way to the height of the roof of the 2nd floor. Has anyone ever
heard of someone building into this space to gain additional square

footage
(rooms or room)? Anyone know of any before/after shots of such a project?

Looking for ideas here.

--
Purple Moose
Remove the dash to reply

I agree with TB.

I have been in two different homes, before and after it was done.

Assuming the headers are properly sized it is just a matter of adding floor
joists, maybe building a wall and repairing all that was torn out for
access. Not a DIY project unless you have a lot of experience.

Colbyt