Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lost in translation :) tap joined planks?

Hi all

I am looking for words and picture in the internet - but I lack the
right words - in English, Estonian, Danish for the most.

Planks, which can be joined by a tongue, and a groove in the other
side - this must have a name. Usually some 7-10 cm / 3-4 inch. wide,
when connecting they usually leave a small gap, but doesnt have too.

They are used for walls, as well - at least in Denmark - for rear
walls in furniture, most probably because they are easy to use, cheap,
decorative because of the gap.
One example is he http://ecmoebler.mono.net/upl/9321/Reol0_0.jpg

What are the words I am looking for, so I can find drawings on the
net, and maybe something on Wikipedia (it is good for easy
translation).
Just a good picture for a profile drawing would be good.

WBR
Sonnich
Posted to rec.woodworking

"jodleren" wrote in message
Hi all

I am looking for words and picture in the internet - but I lack the
right words - in English, Estonian, Danish for the most.

Planks, which can be joined by a tongue, and a groove in the other
side - this must have a name.

[...]

Actually they are called "tongue and groove boards". There is no special
name which you couldn't find.

Tim w

Posted to rec.woodworking

"jodleren" wrote in message
Hi all

I am looking for words and picture in the internet - but I lack the
right words - in English, Estonian, Danish for the most.

Planks, which can be joined by a tongue, and a groove in the other
side - this must have a name. Usually some 7-10 cm / 3-4 inch. wide,
when connecting they usually leave a small gap, but doesnt have too.

They are used for walls, as well - at least in Denmark - for rear
walls in furniture, most probably because they are easy to use, cheap,
decorative because of the gap.
One example is he http://ecmoebler.mono.net/upl/9321/Reol0_0.jpg

What are the words I am looking for, so I can find drawings on the
net, and maybe something on Wikipedia (it is good for easy
translation).
Just a good picture for a profile drawing would be good.

Two words that come to mind are beadboard and wainscoting. Look them up. I
am sure there are lots of pictures of them.

I am fairly certain that these are based on the traditional tongue and
groove boards. But they now come in big sheets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Also referred to as centermatch or center-match. Google the single
or hyphenated word, rather than 2 words (center match), for better
results.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"jodleren" wrote in message
[...]

Sonnich:

sci.lang.translation is a useful and friendly group on Usenet that can
often help with short translation
questions or the analysis of difficult passages, especially in
English, French, German and Dutch.
Bilingual speakers of other tongues are occasionally about, so you
might want to keep
that resource in mind.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 8, 7:56*pm, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:
"jodleren" wrote in message

[...]

I will. I can use it for other purposes too, I had a saw with a Ducth
menu... and I did not understand the error message.

Sonnich
Posted to rec.woodworking,sci.lang.translation

wrote:
"jodleren" wrote in message

[...]

Good. Along with professional translators, there are a number of
fluent bilinguals with other
professional specializations on the group, engineering included.

If you present your question as what it is, a safety issue, the
likelihood of a useful response is high.
Individuals who want their entire commercial website translated for
free or those interested in having
a full translation of a Greek dissertation done without having made
any personal effort in that
direction would be best advised to present the individual problems
they have encountered in their efforts
at the task. Like all groups, people are apt to work for people who
have made some effort themselves.

With your understood assent, I am cross-posting this to
sci.lang.translation to pave the way for any
post you may be encouraged to make there.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking,sci.lang.translation

On 9 juin, 21:38, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:
"jodleren" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 7:56 pm, "Edward *Hennessey"
wrote:

SNIP

"jodleren" wrote in message

[...]

In the UK it's known as tongue-and-groove panelling (sometimes
abbreviated to T&G).