Posted to rec.woodworking,sci.lang.translation
Peter Wells[_2_] Peter Wells[_2_] is offline

Default Lost in translation :) tap joined planks?

On 9 juin, 21:38, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:
"jodleren" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 7:56 pm, "Edward *Hennessey"
wrote:

SNIP

"jodleren" wrote in message

Hi all

I am looking for words and picture in the internet - but I lack
the
right words - in English, Estonian, Danish for the most.

Planks, which can be joined by a tongue, and a groove in the other
side - this must have a name. Usually some 7-10 cm / 3-4 inch.
wide,
when connecting they usually leave a small gap, but doesnt have
too.

They are used for walls, as well - at least in Denmark - for rear
walls in furniture, most probably because they are easy to use,
cheap,
decorative because of the gap.
One example is hehttp://ecmoebler.mono.net/upl/9321/Reol0_0.jpg

What are the words I am looking for, so I can find drawings on the
net, and maybe something on Wikipedia (it is good for easy
translation).
Just a good picture for a profile drawing would be good.

WBR
Sonnich

In the UK it's known as tongue-and-groove panelling (sometimes
abbreviated to T&G).