Posted to rec.woodworking
jodleren jodleren is offline

Default Lost in translation :) tap joined planks?

On Jun 8, 7:56*pm, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:
"jodleren" wrote in message

Hi all

I am looking for words and picture in the internet - but I lack the
right words - in English, Estonian, Danish for the most.

Planks, which can be joined by a tongue, and a groove in the other
side - this must have a name. Usually some 7-10 cm / 3-4 inch. wide,
when connecting they usually leave a small gap, but doesnt have too.

They are used for walls, as well - at least in Denmark - for rear
walls in furniture, most probably because they are easy to use,
cheap,
decorative because of the gap.
One example is hehttp://ecmoebler.mono.net/upl/9321/Reol0_0.jpg

What are the words I am looking for, so I can find drawings on the
net, and maybe something on Wikipedia (it is good for easy
translation).
Just a good picture for a profile drawing would be good.

WBR
Sonnich

Sonnich:

sci.lang.translation is a useful and friendly group on Usenet that can
often help with short translation
questions or the analysis of difficult passages, especially in
English, French, German and Dutch.
Bilingual speakers of other tongues are occasionally about, so you
might want to keep
that resource in mind.

I will. I can use it for other purposes too, I had a saw with a Ducth
menu... and I did not understand the error message.

Sonnich