Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Norm sighting (sort of)

I saw a guy the other day who was the spitting image of Nahm - I mean a dead
ringer, but mebbe 30# or so thinner. I had to ask if he'd heard the
comparison before. He said not only does he hear it all the time, but some
years ago he even traveled to DC to enter a Norm look-alike contest, and
came in first in a field of 360 entrants. He won a huge Norm poster and
$1000 worth of power tools. Coincidentally, he's a general contractor
himself and also teaches at the high school down the road from me (I didn't
ask if he taught shop).

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default [OT] Norm sighting (sort of)

On 5/2/2010 4:28 PM, Buddy Matlosz wrote:
I saw a guy the other day who was the spitting image of Nahm - I mean a
dead ringer, but mebbe 30# or so thinner.

Heh! A few years back, I had a salt & pepper beard.
Combined with my wire frame glasses and detached grin, I
rather resembled Norm to some degree.

At a home show I noticed a woman staring at me bug-eyed from
across a woodworking demonstration. I just smiled amiably.

--Winston -- Now growing and tinting sideburns for Elvis contest
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Winston" wrote in message
On 5/2/2010 4:28 PM, Buddy Matlosz wrote:
I saw a guy the other day who was the spitting image of Nahm - I mean a
dead ringer, but mebbe 30# or so thinner.

Heh! A few years back, I had a salt & pepper beard.
Combined with my wire frame glasses and detached grin, I
rather resembled Norm to some degree.

At a home show I noticed a woman staring at me bug-eyed from
across a woodworking demonstration. I just smiled amiably.

--Winston -- Now growing and tinting sideburns for Elvis contest

People stop me all the time thinking I'm Tom Selleck We're spitting images
of each other. If you really look close, you can see that Tom is a bit
taller though. And he has more hair (lots more). And he has a smaller
waist line. And he is a bit younger. Other than that, you can't tell us
apart unless you get close, but from a quarter mile or so, we look almost
identical. Almost.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/3/2010 1:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message

(...)

--Winston -- Now growing and tinting sideburns for Elvis contest

People stop me all the time thinking I'm Tom Selleck We're spitting
images of each other. If you really look close, you can see that Tom is
a bit taller though. And he has more hair (lots more). And he has a
smaller waist line. And he is a bit younger. Other than that, you can't
tell us apart unless you get close, but from a quarter mile or so, we
look almost identical. Almost.

Thanks, Ed. I needed that.

--Winston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 03 May 2010 08:33:33 -0700, Winston
wrote the following:

On 5/2/2010 4:28 PM, Buddy Matlosz wrote:
I saw a guy the other day who was the spitting image of Nahm - I mean a
dead ringer, but mebbe 30# or so thinner.

Heh! A few years back, I had a salt & pepper beard.
Combined with my wire frame glasses and detached grin, I
rather resembled Norm to some degree.

At a home show I noticed a woman staring at me bug-eyed from
across a woodworking demonstration. I just smiled amiably.

....and asked her "Wanna see what's under all this plaid, baby?"

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/3/2010 7:54 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 03 May 2010 08:33:33 -0700,
wrote the following:

(...)

At a home show I noticed a woman staring at me bug-eyed from
across a woodworking demonstration. I just smiled amiably.

...and asked her "Wanna see what's under all this plaid, baby?"

All the best lines are in retrospect. :P

In a couple years you'll have something witty. Hang in there.

--Winston

OT but sort of DIY Mick Cant UK diy 60 August 2nd 09 11:16 AM
RARE SIGHTING! charlieb Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 August 17th 08 05:36 AM
Rare Sighting (pic in abpw) charlieb Woodworking 3 August 16th 08 12:29 AM
Mythbusters sighting Jim Stewart Metalworking 36 November 30th 07 03:45 PM
Only sort of OT Prometheus Woodturning 12 May 6th 07 05:53 PM