Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default RARE SIGHTING!

I was extremely fortunate to snap a photo of this very rare thing
- an uncluttered / uncovered flat horizontal surface - up off the floor
- in my shop. Though lasting only a brief moment or two, the attached
photograph confirms that such things are possible.

Like the cherry blossoms in spring, one must appreciate their fleeting
beauty - knowing that all too quickly - they will - once again - be
gone.

charlie b

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RareSighting.jpg (82.0 KB, 50 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Interesting concept, I suspect photoshop may have been involved...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

charlieb wrote:
I was extremely fortunate to snap a photo of this very rare thing
- an uncluttered / uncovered flat horizontal surface - up off the floor
- in my shop. Though lasting only a brief moment or two, the attached
photograph confirms that such things are possible.

Like the cherry blossoms in spring, one must appreciate their fleeting
beauty - knowing that all too quickly - they will - once again - be
gone.

charlie b

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote:

Interesting concept, I suspect photoshop may have been involved...

Technically you are correct - but only cropping and adjusting
the the RGB curves.

This Context pic shows where much of what HAD occupied the
miter saw tables went - for the photo.

The goal is to clean up all the "above floor" flat surfaces - then
tackle the 4x8 layout/assembly in the Quiet Room next door.
Want to do some Flat Work again - and take a break from the
lathe. That's hard since the wood for turning is FREE - and the
wood for Flat Work AIN'T (but if you get a deal on a BUNCH of
it, and wait long enough, you forget all about the price - and
focus on making a nice piece - not the least expensive piece).

In the Flat Work Queue - end tables for youngest son - either
in claro walnut or QS english sycamore with some nice tiger
grain then three more bonsai tables for oldest son - maybe
little chairs for grandkids. The DOMINO has been waiting
patiently. Soon it'll get a work out.

charlie b

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RareSighting2.jpg (61.6 KB, 47 views)