David F. Eisan

Default Really Dumb idea, Planing PCB?

Dear All,

I have to fix a mistake.

I face screwed a cabinet where I shouldn't have, DOH!

The material is pre-finished flat sawn hard maple veneer particle core
board.

It is only one small part I need to cover up, I was thinking about resawing
a piece of 1/8" off of a spare panel, and planing it down as thin as I can
to recover the prefinished veneer and then gluing it onto the side of the
cabinet.

Anyone ever planed particle board?

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar

Mo' Sawdust

Thickness sander.

--
Think thrice, measure twice and cut once.

Sanding is like paying taxes ... everyone has to do it, but it is
important to take steps to minimize it.

There is only one period and no underscores in the real email address.

TeamCasa

David,
It's hard on blades but planes OK,

What about a plug?

Dave

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
Dear All,

I have to fix a mistake.

I face screwed a cabinet where I shouldn't have, DOH!

The material is pre-finished flat sawn hard maple veneer particle core
board.

It is only one small part I need to cover up, I was thinking about

resawing
a piece of 1/8" off of a spare panel, and planing it down as thin as I can
to recover the prefinished veneer and then gluing it onto the side of the
cabinet.

Anyone ever planed particle board?

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar

Edwin Pawlowski

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
I face screwed a cabinet where I shouldn't have, DOH!

The material is pre-finished flat sawn hard maple veneer particle core
board.

I'd consider making plugs. I'd even drill a couple of more holes if I had
to in order to balance out the appearance. Plugs will be very subtle and
people will think they belong there.

I'd be afraid to plane something like that. One tiny ooops and you start
over.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome