Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Well, there's your problem...

The other day I was using my Grizzly edge sander, and when I shut it
off it just kept right on going. So I head over to the Grizzly
website to order a new switch, and the parts index points me to a
stock switch regularly sold on the website. The switch is rated for
10 amps. The motor is rated for 20/10 amps 110/220. Well, there's
your problem...

So I look in the manual and the current version on the website says to
wire the saw for 110 you need to replace the switch. It also says the
motor is 16/8 amps which is more realistic. I go back to the manual
that came with mine and it doesn't say anything about replacing the
switch, just to contact Grizzly about it.

Wonder how many switches they replaced under warranty before they
changed the manual...

-Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
The other day I was using my Grizzly edge sander, and when I shut it
off it just kept right on going. So I head over to the Grizzly
website to order a new switch, and the parts index points me to a
stock switch regularly sold on the website. The switch is rated for
10 amps. The motor is rated for 20/10 amps 110/220. Well, there's
your problem...

So I look in the manual and the current version on the website says to
wire the saw for 110 you need to replace the switch. It also says the
motor is 16/8 amps which is more realistic. I go back to the manual
that came with mine and it doesn't say anything about replacing the
switch, just to contact Grizzly about it.

Wonder how many switches they replaced under warranty before they
changed the manual...

-Kevin

But they saved 24¢ a unit by using the cheaper switch.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:01:06 -0600, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article ) :

"Kevin" wrote in message
[...]

Inductive loads (motors) are hell on switch contacts.

-BR