Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to make Maple look like Walnut?

I've finished milling all the parts for what I thought was a simple
shelving job, but I've now got an issue. The client has changed her
mind about color, and would prefer that I had made everything from
Walnut so it would match her counters. Anyone have any ideas on how
to dye and/or stain hard maple to look like walnut? I'm not remaking
everything, and the client knows this, so we're just going to do the
best we can. Thanks in advance.

JP