Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Outside corner molding -- walnut?

I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

I think I would make it before considering buying it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

May have to but would rather not if the price is right.

and I can get it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

I think I would make it before considering buying it.

If he were in the Houston area I'd tell him Clarks, Mason's Mill &
Lumber, or Hardwood Lumber (on 34th near 290).

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

mkr5000 wrote:
I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

Advantage Lumber & Trim in Buffalo, NY has the ability to mill molfings
to many profiles in whatever species they stock. If necessary they will
have custom milled knives made to your spec's if necessary. I would
think they would already have the knives for the most common types which
should include outside corner.

They web site is supposed to show examples of the profiles available but
their link appears not to be working properly. For more info on
Advantage see:

http://www.advantagelumber.com/profiles.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

mkr5000 wrote:
I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

Not too much effort in the googling it would seem...

Third entry on "hardwood moulding" in sponsored links...

http://www.hartlandplaningmill.com/corner.html

In reality, assuming you're in or near a place of decent size, I'd
suggest look at local mill shops first if need enough linear feet that
it isn't practical to simply run it oneself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave In Texas" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

I think I would make it before considering buying it.

If he were in the Houston area I'd tell him Clarks, Mason's Mill &
Lumber, or Hardwood Lumber (on 34th near 290).

Dave in Houston

If he were here in Houston I would tell him "ME" ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:13:13 -0800 (PST), mkr5000
wrote:

I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get
some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in
walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

....these guys have walnut mouldings on the floor

http://www.th-h.com

....dunno if they ship, but they're top notch...

cg
Posted to rec.woodworking

I would have thought one of the online woodworking shops would have it
-- plenty of oak corner, even at Lowes.

That link for hartland mill? what good does that do me smartmouth?

I'm not looking to buy a truck load -- just a few pieces.

I'll make it myself.

Seems strange no one has it -- off the shelf -- though.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

mkr5000 wrote:
I would have thought one of the online woodworking shops would have it
-- plenty of oak corner, even at Lowes.

That link for hartland mill? what good does that do me smartmouth?

Their site says they ship and it was simply an example search. For all
there was to know, the mill might have been right down the road, anyway.

I'm not looking to buy a truck load -- just a few pieces.

I'll make it myself.

Good plan...

Seems strange no one has it -- off the shelf -- though.

Why so? Price alone would be one reason and it surely isn't that common
compared to everything else....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I would have thought one of the online woodworking shops would have it
-- plenty of oak corner, even at Lowes.

That link for hartland mill? what good does that do me smartmouth?

I'm not looking to buy a truck load -- just a few pieces.

I'll make it myself.

Seems strange no one has it -- off the shelf -- though.

Alternatively you could buy common stock molding and stain it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:35:26 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I would have thought one of the online woodworking shops would have it
-- plenty of oak corner, even at Lowes.

That link for hartland mill? what good does that do me smartmouth?

I'm not looking to buy a truck load -- just a few pieces.

I'll make it myself.

Seems strange no one has it -- off the shelf -- though.

Alternatively you could buy common stock molding and stain it.

Bite your tongue, heathen!

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:15:28 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

.. .

"mkr5000" wrote in message
I would have thought one of the online woodworking shops would have it
-- plenty of oak corner, even at Lowes.

That link for hartland mill? what good does that do me smartmouth?

I'm not looking to buy a truck load -- just a few pieces.

I'll make it myself.

Seems strange no one has it -- off the shelf -- though.

Alternatively you could buy common stock molding and stain it.

Bite your tongue, heathen!

Ah... Oh My...

Just watch it, or next you'll be espousing polyurinestain, too.
It's a nasty and slippery slope, dude.

---