Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default be careful in the shop; another wake up call.

Hey Gang,
I just got off the phone with my woodworking/windsurfing buddy. He
was being driven to the local hospital for emergency eye surgery
because he just put a nail into his cornea. I was amazed as to how
relaxed and calm he was as he was telling me how he did it (I guess
it's no use to sound excited at this point.) He told me he had driven
a brad through a piece of wood and decided to cut off the exposed end
with some diagonal cutters. As he snipped it the piece was propelled
right into his eye.
****, it takes less than a second to ruin your life. I am a steadfast
safety nut and this just reinforces my vigilance to always have the
correct sfety gear on for the job. I hope that by you reading this it
will also keep you from ending up in the ER or worse.

Marc (who is now bummed out because of his friend)