Default Monitor doesn't wake up

I've got a Sony CPD-E200E which doesn't start after 15 days without
plug in . The led is flashing, the screen is black and it make a soft
ticking. I saw other monitors to behave like mine. Do you know how to
resolve it?

Jerry G.

Proper troubleshooting would be necessary. Most likely the failure is
in the scan amplifiers, and or in the power supply section. There are
many types of components that can cause a failure. There is no point in
guessing.

You should take your monitor in for an estimate to see if it is worth
to service. More than likely, it would be more feasible to replace it
with a new one.

Jerry G.
======

James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a Sony CPD-E200E which doesn't start after 15 days without
plug in . The led is flashing, the screen is black and it make a soft
ticking. I saw other monitors to behave like mine. Do you know how to
resolve it?

It's likely a shorted component in the power supply, it shouldn't be too
terribly hard to fix for someone who knows what they're doing, Sony monitors
are not the best choice for a first timer though.

Someone

Did you try the old "hit it to see if it works"?

Luck you the service manual is available online:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...CPD-E200E.html

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...-E200E&num=100

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a Sony CPD-E200E which doesn't start after 15 days without
plug in . The led is flashing, the screen is black and it make a soft
ticking. I saw other monitors to behave like mine. Do you know how to
resolve it?

James Sweet

"Someone" wrote in message
Did you try the old "hit it to see if it works"?

If it's ticking then that won't do anything, something is shorted. Still
obviously hitting it isn't a fix, but it can occasionally narrow down the
problem somewhat.

I've fixed my monitor. I've changed the C610 condenser
(330=B5F/450V) placed after the line voltage rectifier. Thank you for
your answers expecially for the precious diagrams.