Harvey Chute

Default Call for shop layouts

Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

Pounds on Wood

I have a .jpg of mine at the site below. Just go to the My New Shop link.

--
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com/woodshop

"Harvey Chute" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

Harvey Chute

Bill, I'm most impressed with the amount of equipment you managed to
organize in a 22x22 garage. Thanks for the layout! The site will be going up
later this week.

- Harvey

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message
I have a .jpg of mine at the site below. Just go to the My New Shop link.

--
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com/woodshop

"Harvey Chute" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated

shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

Joe Wilding

www.the-wildings.com/shop/

click on the "shop layout" tab.

Joe in Denver
my woodworking website:
http://www.the-wildings.com/shop/

"Harvey Chute" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

Harvey Chute

OK now I have a serious case of shop envy. Thank you Joe, I posted your shop
layout at http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/wood...hoplayouts.htm

It is *sweet*..!

- Harvey

"Joe Wilding" wrote in message
www.the-wildings.com/shop/

click on the "shop layout" tab.

Joe in Denver
my woodworking website:
http://www.the-wildings.com/shop/

"Harvey Chute" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a dedicated

shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

charlie b

Here's my current layout - right side for making sawdust,
left side for layout, assembly and finishing - along with
sharpening and ply storage

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/ShopMap.html

Seriously consider wall hanging tool cabinets with
doors deep enough to store chisels and things. Click
on the right wall hanging tool cabinet to see where
over 100 tools reside.

charlie b
Harvey Chute

Lots of good ideas in that shop. You put a lot of thought into separating
the dirty, brute-force activities from the clean and quiet work areas.
Thanks Charlie, I added your shop layout to

"charlie b" wrote in message
Here's my current layout - right side for making sawdust,
left side for layout, assembly and finishing - along with
sharpening and ply storage

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/ShopMap.html

Seriously consider wall hanging tool cabinets with
doors deep enough to store chisels and things. Click
on the right wall hanging tool cabinet to see where
over 100 tools reside.

charlie b

Lobby Dosser

"Harvey Chute" wrote in
:

snip

Harvey,

Is it possible for you to export your Visio shop templates to dfx format? I
notice that my V4.5 imports dfx and I've tested it.

Thanks,
LD
Harvey Chute

It seems that I can export Visio *diagrams* to file formats that earlier
Visio versions can read, but I can't export the stencils themselves for
versions earlier than Visio 5.
However, I did create a .wmf file that may help. I posted a link on the Wood
Shop Visio site http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
to a .wmf file along with some instructions that *might* work for you to
create a WoodShop stencil usable in Visio 4.
There are a few steps to go through - - but if you get a chance to try it
out, it just might work. Please let me know of any difficulties.
Thanks.
- Harvey

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
"Harvey Chute" wrote in
:

snip

Harvey,

Is it possible for you to export your Visio shop templates to dfx format?

notice that my V4.5 imports dfx and I've tested it.

Thanks,
LD

Lobby Dosser

"Harvey Chute" wrote in
:

It seems that I can export Visio *diagrams* to file formats that
earlier Visio versions can read, but I can't export the stencils
themselves for versions earlier than Visio 5.
However, I did create a .wmf file that may help. I posted a link on
the Wood Shop Visio site
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm to a .wmf file
along with some instructions that *might* work for you to create a
WoodShop stencil usable in Visio 4. There are a few steps to go
through - - but if you get a chance to try it out, it just might work.
Please let me know of any difficulties. Thanks.
- Harvey

snip

PERFECT in V4.5!!!

Now all I need to do is the actual design - not to mention buy some of
the missing bits.

Again, many thanks for your efforts.
LD

Harvey Chute

Nice shop layout, Frank. You've got a great work area, and hopefully the
storage room will come to pass one day.

I posted your layout to the site:
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/wood...hoplayouts.htm

Thanks!

- Harvey

"Frank K." wrote in message
You can see my shop layout here.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fkozerski/myshop.htm

Frank

"Harvey Chute" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website

for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the

design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a

dedicated shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but

any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

Pounds on Wood

Thanks for doing this Harvey! Guys looking to build a shop should find lots
of ideas there. You get a shiny new bookmark for your efforts.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"Frank K." wrote in message
You can see my shop layout here.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fkozerski/myshop.htm

Frank

"Harvey Chute" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm collecting shop layouts to post on a (free) website

for people
designing their woodworking shops.
The intent is to share ideas with people who are in the

design stage of
their home woodworking shop.
If you have a shop layout (either basement, garage, or a

dedicated shop),
and want to share it, please let me know. My website is
http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm
I'm especially looking for layouts in Visio files, but

any format is
appreciated (.jpgs, .dxf, .pdf, etc.).
Thanks all!
- Harvey

Bill

In article , says...
Here's my current layout - right side for making sawdust,
left side for layout, assembly and finishing - along with
sharpening and ply storage

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/ShopMap.html

Seriously consider wall hanging tool cabinets with
doors deep enough to store chisels and things. Click
on the right wall hanging tool cabinet to see where
over 100 tools reside.

charlie b

Charlie that is one great shop and great web site. Thanks for sharing
all this great information and these great ideas!!!