Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Walking Challenge

Well I can't keep up with Marv yet, but I did walk 1.9-2 miles today
on trail. Sure is easier on the eliptical trainer, but the dogs like
a real trail better.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 17:14:19 -0800, Mike M
wrote:

Well I can't keep up with Marv yet, but I did walk 1.9-2 miles today
on trail. Sure is easier on the eliptical trainer, but the dogs like
a real trail better.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike M" wrote in message
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:52:53 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
.. .
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4"
diamond plate steel. I'm just damn glad to still have legs and be
able to walk. Actually started puttering around in the shop again in
November and was able to make all my xmas presents. So I maybe
retired now but who knows. It will have been a year in February.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your
legs?

B.

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4"
diamond plate steel. I'm just damn glad to still have legs and be
able to walk. Actually started puttering around in the shop again in
November and was able to make all my xmas presents. So I maybe
retired now but who knows. It will have been a year in February.

Mike M

Wrong group or not, glad you are going to be able to get around.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your
legs?

B.

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4"
diamond plate steel.

Geez. THAT sucks.

I'm just damn glad to still have legs and be
able to walk. Actually started puttering around in the shop again in
November and was able to make all my xmas presents. So I maybe
retired now but who knows. It will have been a year in February.

Glad you're up and around. Hope this year's better than the last.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote:

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4"
diamond plate steel.

snip

Damn!

Best of luck on the road back.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:52:53 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
.. .
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.

Thank you all for your responses. Things that tie back into some
other threads here. Unfortunately the elderly man that hit me only
had $100,000 in liability. That was gone in five days. On the other
hand since it was a work related accident Washington state is covering
it under workmans comp. However I've been paying about $1.00 hour
worked for this. Actually my employer pays that and I think I paid
about $.25. On the bad side they only pay you about 60% of your
wages. On the good side I had no debt. House and truck paid for. My
place isn't fancy, but if I had to pay out $1500 or more a month in
mortgage payments I'd be living in a box now. You look around and see
inocent people hit by drunk drivers ect., and they loose everything,
assuming they live. I spent 2 months in a nursing home and after that
I don't think I'll ever feel sorry for myself unless through poor
planning I'm on medicaid being fed gruel and wearing diapers. Remeber
everyday you come home to your family to give thanks.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote:

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:52:53 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
. ..
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4"
diamond plate steel. I'm just damn glad to still have legs and be
able to walk. Actually started puttering around in the shop again in
November and was able to make all my xmas presents. So I maybe
retired now but who knows. It will have been a year in February.

Mike M

Wow. Best wishes for you and that everything works out well.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Mike M wrote in
:

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:52:53 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Best wishes for improving health and continued happiness. Glad that you
can live with this in what sounds like an optimistic frame of mind.
Keep us abreast of your experiences and outlook.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Well I can't keep up with Marv yet, but I did walk 1.9-2 miles today
on trail. Sure is easier on the eliptical trainer, but the dogs like
a real trail better.

Mike M

I had knee surgery 12 years ago. Since then I walk about 6 miles a
day and once a week 8-12 miles for a mountain hike. Strange, if I do
not walk some, I feel pain. Getting outdoors has the benefit of
being with nature with fresh air. Exercise machines tend to be
boring and those 24/7 exercise places harbor too many germs for my
liking. Comfortable shoes makes all the difference.
Posted to rec.woodworking

That is heartbreaking, Mike.. Thank God, you were smart enough to not
take on a lot of debt and with your positive attitude your life is bound
to be much better in the new year.. I wish you the best.. -Jim

wrote:

"Mike wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike M" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:52:53 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
. ..
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4"
diamond plate steel. I'm just damn glad to still have legs and be
able to walk. Actually started puttering around in the shop again in
November and was able to make all my xmas presents. So I maybe
retired now but who knows. It will have been a year in February.

Mike M

Good luck with your recovery, I wish you well.

I was once pinned by an old lady in a standard shift
car that she started in gear(before clutch interlocks)
hit me hard enough against a chevy luv pickup to split the skin
on front and back of both knees.

It would have been worse except the pickup had been left out
of gear and after the initial blow it drifted back out of the way.
I'm not sure why it was out of gear but I have been grateful
that it was ever since.

basilisk

WALKING STICKS - PDF J T Woodworking 4 February 27th 08 11:05 AM
O/T: Walking Lew Hodgett Woodworking 0 January 13th 08 12:06 AM
Walking Kangaroo Cooniedog Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 December 10th 07 12:38 PM
Walking Papers Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 26 November 25th 07 01:50 AM
Walking AND Chewing Gum - AND charlieb Woodturning 3 May 24th 07 10:37 AM