Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Walking Challenge

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 17:14:19 -0800, Mike M
wrote:

Well I can't keep up with Marv yet, but I did walk 1.9-2 miles today
on trail. Sure is easier on the eliptical trainer, but the dogs like
a real trail better.

Mike M

I had knee surgery 12 years ago. Since then I walk about 6 miles a
day and once a week 8-12 miles for a mountain hike. Strange, if I do
not walk some, I feel pain. Getting outdoors has the benefit of
being with nature with fresh air. Exercise machines tend to be
boring and those 24/7 exercise places harbor too many germs for my
liking. Comfortable shoes makes all the difference.