Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Hall[_4_] Jim Hall[_4_] is offline

Default Walking Challenge

That is heartbreaking, Mike.. Thank God, you were smart enough to not
take on a lot of debt and with your positive attitude your life is bound
to be much better in the new year.. I wish you the best.. -Jim

On 1/2/2010 8:24 PM, Mike M wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:52:53 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

"Mike wrote in message
Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after
crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.

Thank you all for your responses. Things that tie back into some
other threads here. Unfortunately the elderly man that hit me only
had $100,000 in liability. That was gone in five days. On the other
hand since it was a work related accident Washington state is covering
it under workmans comp. However I've been paying about $1.00 hour
worked for this. Actually my employer pays that and I think I paid
about $.25. On the bad side they only pay you about 60% of your
wages. On the good side I had no debt. House and truck paid for. My
place isn't fancy, but if I had to pay out $1500 or more a month in
mortgage payments I'd be living in a box now. You look around and see
inocent people hit by drunk drivers ect., and they loose everything,
assuming they live. I spent 2 months in a nursing home and after that
I don't think I'll ever feel sorry for myself unless through poor
planning I'm on medicaid being fed gruel and wearing diapers. Remeber
everyday you come home to your family to give thanks.

Mike M