Default While were ON the O.T. subject of liars .. .. ..

Subject: Rumsfeld vs Kennedy
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:48:39 +0000

You will only understand the symbolism of the following if you learned

through extraneous history or were old enough to have watched it play

out
that Ted Kennedy drove off of a bridge in Massachusetts on his way to

an
island with Mary Joe Kopechne in the late 60's. He did NOT seek help

rescue her when he surfaced. Instead he made his way to a hotel,

called
friends and the next morning reported the accident. She was, needless

say, both dead and wet. Kennedy faced no type of any censure or

reprimand,
much less any legal punishment for this negligent act of manslaughter.

Kennedy power extends wide in that part of America. You have got to

love
the chutzpah of Rumsfeld.

February 05, 2004

Rumsfeld: Kennedy 'All Wet' About Bush Lies

(2004-02-05) -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told Sen. Edward M.
Kennedy yesterday that he was "all wet" when the Senator alleged that

the
Bush administration lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction to

justify
going to war.

The verbal clash came during Mr. Rumsfeld's testimony at a Senate

Armed
Services Committee hearing probing the state of pre-war intelligence.

Sen. Kennedy began his questioning of the Defense Secretary by saying,

"Don't you think some members of the Bush administration should be

held
legally accountable for the lies they told about Iraqi weapons, and

the
subsequent cover-up?"

"First, with all due respect Senator Kennedy, you're all wet," said

Mr.
Rumsfeld "The administration has not lied or covered up. However, in
general, I do believe that when a man commits a crime he should face

the
bar
of justice. He should not be allowed to serve in positions of power in

our
government, and be hailed as a leader, when the question of his guilt
remains unresolved, if you know what I mean."

"I'm sure I do not know what you mean," Mr. Kennedy said. "But the

American
people deserve to know why you can't find Saddam's weapons of mass
destruction."

"Sometimes things are hard to find, even when you know where they

are,"
said
Mr. Rumsfeld. "For example, I've heard of a man who missed a bridge

and
drove his car into the water, even though he knew where the bridge

was.
And
then sometimes you just keep diving into a problem and despite

repeated
efforts, you come up empty handed. That doesn't mean that nothing's

there.
As you know, eventually, the truth comes to light."

Having no further questions, Mr. Kennedy yielded the remainder of his

time.

--
If you can read this .. thank a teacher ..
If you are reading it in English .. thank a soldier too !!

__ Bob __

LRod

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:26:51 GMT, "___ Bob ___"
wrote:

[republican propaganda (I think that's redundant) snipped]

I'm sure all the Kennedy hating conservatives wish that had happened,
but it didn't.

http://www.snopes.com

search on rumsfeld.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Bob N

This all sounds nice, but if you check on snopes.com you'll find that the incident is
fictional. Those are not Rumsfeld's words.

todd

wrote:

[republican propaganda (I think that's redundant) snipped]

I'm sure all the Kennedy hating conservatives wish that had happened,
but it didn't.

http://www.snopes.com

search on rumsfeld.

Damn, that would be funny if it was true. I have an idea that Rummy just
might say something like that. Say what you want about him, but he can be a
pretty funny guy.

todd

Bob N

Rumsfeld would be a great president. He's the best master of the bully pulpit since Teddy
Roosevelt and his instincts and principles are sound. The guy has great integrity.

This all sounds nice, but if you check on snopes.com you'll find that the incident is
fictional. Those are not Rumsfeld's words.

May or may not be true about Rumsfeld .. .. but it sure as hell is absolutely true about
Kennedy .. .. ..

He killed a girl .. .. never even tried to save her .. .. didn't report it to authorities till
the next day (maybe to sober up a bit ??) .. .. lied his butt off about the circumstances ..
... and to this day he has never had to answer to anyone about his actions .. .. ..and he has
the gall to claim George Bush MISLEAD him ?? ?? ??

Gimme a break !! !! !!
--
If you can read this .. thank a teacher ..
If you are reading it in English .. thank a soldier too !!

__ Bob __

LRod

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:11:16 GMT, "___ Bob ___"
wrote:

May or may not be true about Rumsfeld .. .. but it sure as hell is absolutely true about
Kennedy .. .. ..

He killed a girl .. .. never even tried to save her .. .. didn't report it to authorities till
the next day (maybe to sober up a bit ??) .. .. lied his butt off about the circumstances ..
.. and to this day he has never had to answer to anyone about his actions .. .. ..and he has
the gall to claim George Bush MISLEAD him ?? ?? ??

I can see where you have trouble with the term "misled" (aside from
the obvious spelling difficulties).

The girl was in his car. True.
He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?
He didn't report it until the next day. Apparently true.
Lied about the circumstances? Do you know the truth? No one else seems
to, and no one seems to believe Ted, so who's to say?
Answer to anyone for what? Bad judgement for not reporting it earlier?
Failure to save someone's life?

You state your proposition as if he murdered the girl. I know the
republicans have wanted to pilory him as if that were true ever since,
but being in the same place as someone who died doesn't make you a
killer.

Gimme a break !! !! !!

Really.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Doug Winterburn

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:51:41 +0000, LRod wrote:

Gimme a break !! !! !!

Really.

But you gotta admit it was an interesting news clip a week or two ago when
Teddy was giving kudos to John F Kerry for saving one of his men from
drowning in Viet Nam...

The only thing I could think of at the time was "John, John, John - anyone
except Teddy".

--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

Doug Miller

wrote:

May or may not be true about Rumsfeld .. .. but it sure as hell is absolutely

true about
Kennedy .. .. ..

He killed a girl .. .. never even tried to save her .. .. didn't report it to

authorities till
the next day (maybe to sober up a bit ??) .. .. lied his butt off about the

circumstances ..
.. and to this day he has never had to answer to anyone about his actions ..

.. ..and he has
the gall to claim George Bush MISLEAD him ?? ?? ??

I can see where you have trouble with the term "misled" (aside from
the obvious spelling difficulties).

The girl was in his car. True.
He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?
He didn't report it until the next day. Apparently true.

No "apparently" about it. That's a matter of record. It's *definitely* true.

Lied about the circumstances? Do you know the truth? No one else seems
to, and no one seems to believe Ted, so who's to say?

His story changed a couple of times during the first few days after the
incident, which makes it pretty difficult to maintain that he told the truth.

Answer to anyone for what? Bad judgement for not reporting it earlier?

He drove into the water because he was too damned drunk to find the bridge.

Failure to save someone's life?

No, having endangered it in the first place by his irresponsibility in driving
drunk.

You state your proposition as if he murdered the girl.

As far as I'm concerned, killing a person while driving drunk is but very
little different from deliberate murder. It's negligent homicide at the least.

I know the
republicans have wanted to pilory him as if that were true ever since,
but being in the same place as someone who died doesn't make you a
killer.

No, but killing someone in a traffic accident that you caused while driving
drunk *does*.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

John Flatley

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:11:16 GMT, "___ Bob ___"

The girl was in his car. True.

Her name was Mary Jo Kopecknec (sp?)

He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?

All evidence published at the time showed there were no rescue attempts!

He didn't report it until the next day. Apparently true.

Not apparently true. True! Check the offical reports.

Lied about the circumstances? Do you know the truth? No one else seems
to, and no one seems to believe Ted, so who's to say?

Kennedy's story did not match the reported facts.

Answer to anyone for what? Bad judgement for not reporting it earlier?
Failure to save someone's life?

Causing the death of a person while drunk is manslaughter at the least.
Both Kennedy, the driver, and Mary Jo the passenger were determined to be
drunk at the time of the accident. Mary Jo's condition was determined by
autopsy. Kennedy's condition was determined by reports of participants of
the party. Kennedy has a reputation as a very heavy drinker for many years.
Isn't his drinking and his extra-marital affairs the reason his wife
divorced.

You state your proposition as if he murdered the girl. I know the
republicans have wanted to pilory him as if that were true ever since,
but being in the same place as someone who died doesn't make you a
killer.

The scandal at the time was clearly NOT a Republican/Democrat issue. It was
a scandel because Kennedy did more than just be in the same place as someone
who died! He was driving drunk when he ran the car into the water. Mary Jo
K. was a passenger. Only the family name and a hefty payment to Mary Jo's
family kept the incident from the courts. Kennedy should be piloried
because of his abuse of wealth, position and family influence. The Kennedys
run Massachusetts.

Gimme a break !! !! !!

Really.

Really, No! Reality Yes!

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Mark & Juanita

In article , says...

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:11:16 GMT, "___ Bob ___"

The girl was in his car. True.

Her name was Mary Jo Kopecknec (sp?)

He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?

All evidence published at the time showed there were no rescue attempts!

.... snip

[...]

Funny how there seems to be a double standard, killing someone when
you are driving drunk, if you are a Kennedy gets you re-elected and all
sorts of people excusing the behavior and saying "you don't have all the
facts". Committing perjury (lying under oath) if you are the Democratic
president gets you a host of apologists and news anchors excusing your
behavior because "everybody lies about sex". Launching cruise missiles
into an aspirin factory based

But, not being able to have incontrovertable evidence of being on base
with a host of witnesses while in the National Guard makes you a
deserter and unfit to serve if you are a Bush. Making a decision based
upon the best intel available (which was significantly degraded after
your predecessor required that anyone recruited for human intelligence
in unfriendly countries have a pristine background), the consequences if
you are wrong the other way being devastating makes you a warmonger and
only in it for the oil if you are the Republican president.

Cape Cod Bob

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:27:27 -0500, "John Flatley"
wrote:

Kennedy should be piloried because of his abuse of wealth,
position and family influence. The Kennedys
run Massachusetts.

Not quite true that they "run" the state," but they have been known to
influence events. A small, but I think, telling story.

I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts only a few miles (and several
gazillion dollars) from the infamous Kennedy compound in Hyannisport.
A couple of years ago, and years after John Jr.'s fatal plane crash, I
was in one of the big chain bookstores and saw a table set up with
various books on John Jr - not a discount table. Since I have never
been shy about expressing my opinion, I said to one of the people
behind the desk, "Gee, isn't it about time that you replace the John
Jr. Kennedy exhibit?"

The assistant manager said, "We tried to replace it a few months ago,
but Mrs Kennedy (Ethel, I think) complained to corporate management
and we were directed to maintain the display."

Cape Cod Bob
Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
Glen

Might I suggest following the below link, it offers the best chronology of
the event that I have found.

http://www.ytedk.com/intro.htm

Glen

"LRod" wrote

The girl was in his car. True.
He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?
He didn't report it until the next day. Apparently true.
Lied about the circumstances? Do you know the truth? No one else seems
to, and no one seems to believe Ted, so who's to say?
Answer to anyone for what? Bad judgement for not reporting it earlier?
Failure to save someone's life?

You state your proposition as if he murdered the girl. I know the
republicans have wanted to pilory him as if that were true ever since,
but being in the same place as someone who died doesn't make you a
killer.

Gimme a break !! !! !!

Wm Jones

In article m,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

In article , says...

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:11:16 GMT, "___ Bob ___"

The girl was in his car. True.

Her name was Mary Jo Kopecknec (sp?)

He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?

All evidence published at the time showed there were no rescue attempts!

... snip

[...]

There were three witnesses to the explosion that downed JFK Jr's plane.
$20MM salvage in 100' of water and everything pulled up BUT THE ENTIRE
TAIL was never found.

His father, the President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief of
the Armed Forces was assassinated by the George H.W. Bush Knight of
Malta-led Roman Catholic CIA after he ordered us out of Rome's fiefdom
of Vietnam and 58,000 American G.I.s died. What's the count in Iraq? 600?

Sure the Anti-Christ is not monolithic: Bush has given us the 9-11/Gulf
of Tonkin Hoax redux, and the Mob/unions are now supporting Kerry, but
let's give the Kennedys a break until justice is done for JFK and JFKJr.

Please God save America, we patriots pray.
--
Doors - Locks - Weatherstripping
POB 250121 Atlanta GA 30325

Glen

Oh, my God. Save me from the black helicopters!
;-)
Glen

"Wm Jones" wrote
There were three witnesses to the explosion that downed JFK Jr's plane.
$20MM salvage in 100' of water and everything pulled up BUT THE ENTIRE
TAIL was never found.

His father, the President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief of
the Armed Forces was assassinated by the George H.W. Bush Knight of
Malta-led Roman Catholic CIA after he ordered us out of Rome's fiefdom
of Vietnam and 58,000 American G.I.s died. What's the count in Iraq? 600?

Sure the Anti-Christ is not monolithic: Bush has given us the 9-11/Gulf
of Tonkin Hoax redux, and the Mob/unions are now supporting Kerry, but
let's give the Kennedys a break until justice is done for JFK and JFKJr.

Please God save America, we patriots pray.

Rick Chamberlain

In article ,
says...
In article m,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

In article ,
says...

"LRod" wrote in message
[...]

I think we found the eBay inventor of Elsa...
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
dave in fairfax

Wm Jones rambled:
snip of delusional fears

I apologize to Al for ever suggesting that this loon was like
him. Go take your medication.

Dave in fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Doug Miller

In article , reply-to, is, disaled, to, kill, spam wrote:
Wm Jones rambled:
snip of delusional fears

I apologize to Al for ever suggesting that this loon was like
him. Go take your medication.

I particularly enjoyed the part about JFK being killed because he tried to get
us *out* of Viet Nam. This cuckoo has obviously forgotten that it was JFK who
got us *in* to Viet Nam.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

dave in fairfax

Doug Miller wrote:
I particularly enjoyed the part about JFK being killed because he tried to get
us *out* of Viet Nam. This cuckoo has obviously forgotten that it was JFK who
got us *in* to Viet Nam.

Ya know, I wonder if he's a hanger on from that last barrage of
troll trash we got. They invited everybody in to join their party
here, maybe he's just been lurking. For that matter it could
still be going on, I haven't checked the filters. And thank you
very much for that, BTW.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/

Doug Miller

Doug Miller wrote:
I particularly enjoyed the part about JFK being killed because he tried to

get
us *out* of Viet Nam. This cuckoo has obviously forgotten that it was JFK who
got us *in* to Viet Nam.

Ya know, I wonder if he's a hanger on from that last barrage of
troll trash we got. They invited everybody in to join their party
here, maybe he's just been lurking. For that matter it could
still be going on, I haven't checked the filters. And thank you
very much for that, BTW.

You're welcome. Haven't seen much dropped lately except a *very* large number
of posts with "Bush" in the subject.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

dave in fairfax

Doug Miller wrote:
You're welcome. Haven't seen much dropped lately except a *very* large number
of posts with "Bush" in the subject.

I, very rarely, see one from dizum or sneakmail, it's erratic.
Curious. I put it down to using a windoze machine.

Dave in Fairfax