Cape Cod Bob

Default While were ON the O.T. subject of liars .. .. ..

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:27:27 -0500, "John Flatley"
wrote:

Kennedy should be piloried because of his abuse of wealth,
position and family influence. The Kennedys
run Massachusetts.

Not quite true that they "run" the state," but they have been known to
influence events. A small, but I think, telling story.

I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts only a few miles (and several
gazillion dollars) from the infamous Kennedy compound in Hyannisport.
A couple of years ago, and years after John Jr.'s fatal plane crash, I
was in one of the big chain bookstores and saw a table set up with
various books on John Jr - not a discount table. Since I have never
been shy about expressing my opinion, I said to one of the people
behind the desk, "Gee, isn't it about time that you replace the John
Jr. Kennedy exhibit?"

The assistant manager said, "We tried to replace it a few months ago,
but Mrs Kennedy (Ethel, I think) complained to corporate management
and we were directed to maintain the display."

Cape Cod Bob
Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis