Doug Miller

Default While were ON the O.T. subject of liars .. .. ..

In article , wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:11:16 GMT, "___ Bob ___"
wrote:

May or may not be true about Rumsfeld .. .. but it sure as hell is absolutely

true about
Kennedy .. .. ..

He killed a girl .. .. never even tried to save her .. .. didn't report it to

authorities till
the next day (maybe to sober up a bit ??) .. .. lied his butt off about the

circumstances ..
.. and to this day he has never had to answer to anyone about his actions ..

.. ..and he has
the gall to claim George Bush MISLEAD him ?? ?? ??

I can see where you have trouble with the term "misled" (aside from
the obvious spelling difficulties).

The girl was in his car. True.
He may or may not have tried to save her; I don't know, I wasn't
there. Were you?
He didn't report it until the next day. Apparently true.

No "apparently" about it. That's a matter of record. It's *definitely* true.

Lied about the circumstances? Do you know the truth? No one else seems
to, and no one seems to believe Ted, so who's to say?

His story changed a couple of times during the first few days after the
incident, which makes it pretty difficult to maintain that he told the truth.

Answer to anyone for what? Bad judgement for not reporting it earlier?

He drove into the water because he was too damned drunk to find the bridge.

Failure to save someone's life?

No, having endangered it in the first place by his irresponsibility in driving
drunk.

You state your proposition as if he murdered the girl.

As far as I'm concerned, killing a person while driving drunk is but very
little different from deliberate murder. It's negligent homicide at the least.

I know the
republicans have wanted to pilory him as if that were true ever since,
but being in the same place as someone who died doesn't make you a
killer.

No, but killing someone in a traffic accident that you caused while driving
drunk *does*.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com