Posted to rec.woodworking
csa csa is offline

Default Place on usenet to find woodworking dvd's?

Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or
other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics
such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?
Posted to rec.woodworking

csa wrote:
Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or
other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics
such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?

Fine Woodworking ... you have to join, but it has hundreds of videos and
pdf files as well as DVD's available for purchase. Also youtube and even
iTunes store, most of it free.

DAGS ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
csa wrote:
Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or
other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics
such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?

Fine Woodworking ... you have to join, but it has hundreds of videos and
pdf files as well as DVD's available for purchase. Also youtube and even
iTunes store, most of it free.

DAGS ...

And yes ... I know it's not usenet, but instead of telling you somwthing
negative, you now have a couple of sources for woodworking dvd's and
videos.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

csa yahoo@yahoo wrote in :

Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or
other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics
such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?

As long as you don't mind it not being on Usenet, take a look at the
Woodworking Channel, http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/dolphin/

If you want something specific, you might ask in
alt.pictures.binaries.woodworking. It's really not for videos, but it's
about as close you're likely to come.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"csa" yahoo@yahoo wrote in message
Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or
other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics
such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?

While I have not looked for specific woodworking videos there I have found a
number of useful videos on You Tube along with the usual entertainment only
stuff. Just punch in a particular process you are interested in and you
have a pretty good chance somebody has video taped doing it. These videos
will be from ordinary crafters like you and I, from professionals, or any
odd mix in between. Its like public access television for EVERYONE. Some
will involve tools you and I probably have, others will involve machine we
can only drool over like a tool catalog centerfold. And then there will
some that truly make you think, "I could do that."

There are a number of machine and metal working tasks I have studied from
other folks you tube videos. Some I have even tried. LOL.

The number of videos available on-line is staggering. The big thing is to
have an idea what you are looking for.

Posted to rec.woodworking
csa csa is offline

Ive exhausted youtube. I just wondered if there was something more on
usenet besides pics and message threads. Thanks for the suggestions.
I am a FW subscriber and have most of their stuff now, I am mostly
struggling trying to find handtool only projects.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Have you found a way to download FW videos for future reference. That would
be handy to do so you would not a network connection all the time to see the
video.

Same question for youtube videos.

Russ
"csa" yahoo@yahoo wrote in message
Ive exhausted youtube. I just wondered if there was something more on
usenet besides pics and message threads. Thanks for the suggestions.
I am a FW subscriber and have most of their stuff now, I am mostly
struggling trying to find handtool only projects.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

An index of everything posted in the news groups for the last year can
be found at http://www.binsearch.info/