mlambert

Default CD-ROM Replacement Parts/ Whats a Good Place to Find

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good cd-rom replacement parts company,
website and so on...
I have a HP cd-writer 9100 series drive that needs the tray replaced. Any
leads would be appreciated and thanks for your time in reading my post.

Mike

BillKirch

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good cd-rom replacement parts company,
website and so on...
I have a HP cd-writer 9100 series drive that needs the tray replaced.

#############
People don't fix them...they buy new ones. BG
James Sweet

"BillKirch" wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good cd-rom replacement parts company,
website and so on...
I have a HP cd-writer 9100 series drive that needs the tray replaced.

#############
People don't fix them...they buy new ones. BG

Yeah even a nice 52X writer is under 50 bucks, I don't thnk anyone offers
parts for any of them, even the manufactures don't repair bad ones.

Ken Weitzel

James Sweet wrote:
"BillKirch" wrote in message

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good cd-rom replacement parts company,
website and so on...
I have a HP cd-writer 9100 series drive that needs the tray replaced.

#############
People don't fix them...they buy new ones. BG

Yeah even a nice 52X writer is under 50 bucks, I don't thnk anyone offers
parts for any of them, even the manufactures don't repair bad ones.

Hi..

Without any disrespect for the OP, unless dollars are
tight (as they often are

In which case he might want to consider looking around
and perhaps asking in his local for.sale groups, find
another broken one to salvage the tray from.

Ken

Jerry G.

These types of drives are NOT supported for spare parts. The cost of
handling the parts for supplier and the manufacture, would exceed the value
of them. Most people would have to send out this type of item. The cost of
the postage, and labour would far exceed the price of a new drive. Even the
more expensive DVD drives are not supported for servicing.

At the factory when these are manufactured, the defective units are disposed
of. It does not even pay to have the added cost for them to retrieve back
any parts from them during process.

The bottom line:
"Get A New Drive"

--

Jerry G.
=====

"mlambert" wrote in message
news1jKd.9931$8Q.4714@okepread06...
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good cd-rom replacement parts company,
website and so on...
I have a HP cd-writer 9100 series drive that needs the tray replaced. Any
leads would be appreciated and thanks for your time in reading my post.

Mike

Allodoxaphobia

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:13:31 -0600, Mike L. wrote:
Thank you Ken, that is always the case... money and all.
Thanks to all for your input ,

but I believe every thing has a second life.

And, usually The Purpose of that second life is to haunt and
torment those from its First Life. :-)

Jonesy -- with way too many pieces of Second Life equipment around here.

$50 ? Today's Frys ad once again has a 52x drive for $19.99. The one I
bought for my brother and mine both work just fine. Isn't that less
than a month of internet access?
GG

How to find a good builder [email protected] UK diy 8 July 16th 04 09:58 PM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Power problems and how to find a good electrician? maddening UK diy 13 October 10th 03 02:18 PM