Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Place on usenet to find woodworking dvd's?

"csa" yahoo@yahoo wrote in message
Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or
other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics
such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?

While I have not looked for specific woodworking videos there I have found a
number of useful videos on You Tube along with the usual entertainment only
stuff. Just punch in a particular process you are interested in and you
have a pretty good chance somebody has video taped doing it. These videos
will be from ordinary crafters like you and I, from professionals, or any
odd mix in between. Its like public access television for EVERYONE. Some
will involve tools you and I probably have, others will involve machine we
can only drool over like a tool catalog centerfold. And then there will
some that truly make you think, "I could do that."

There are a number of machine and metal working tasks I have studied from
other folks you tube videos. Some I have even tried. LOL.

The number of videos available on-line is staggering. The big thing is to
have an idea what you are looking for.