Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Board Foot Calculator Spreadsheet

Hey Gang,

I made a board feet calculator/spreadsheet. I included the lumber
prices for “The Hardwood Store” (where I go in NC). You select your
lumber and thickness from a drop-down list and input length width etc.
The prices change automatically depending on how many bd feet you are
buying (my lumber yard has this feature, you can remove it by having
the same price for all amounts if you need to).

The sheet is “locked” to prevent unwanted accidental changes, but you
can unlock it if you need to.

download:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumber_bd_feet.xls
or he http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumberstorage.php (check back
for improvements/mods)

You can change the prices to your lumber yard (in Sheet Two). Let me
know what you think.

It would be nice to take this spreadsheet with me to the lumber yard
and calculate on the fly. There are some iPhone apps that can use
Excel spreadsheets, Documents to Go is one example. Unfortunately
Docs2Go doesn’t like the functions I used in this spreadsheet. Know of
any others that will?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey, now if you can include the yards tendancy to always round up in
their own favor, and add in undocumented "mill" charges and prices
that change from what you were quoted a week ago over the phone you
might get something that even comes close to what they actually end up
charging.

On Dec 13, 9:28*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

GarageWoodworks wrote:

Hey Gang,

I made a board feet calculator/spreadsheet. I included the lumber
prices for €śThe Hardwood Store€ť (where I go in NC). You select your
lumber and thickness from a drop-down list and input length width etc.
The prices change automatically depending on how many bd feet you are
buying (my lumber yard has this feature, you can remove it by having
the same price for all amounts if you need to).

The sheet is €ślocked€ť to prevent unwanted accidental changes, but you
can unlock it if you need to.

download:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumber_bd_feet.xls
or he http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumberstorage.php (check back
for improvements/mods)

You can change the prices to your lumber yard (in Sheet Two). Let me
know what you think.

It would be nice to take this spreadsheet with me to the lumber yard
and calculate on the fly. There are some iPhone apps that can use
Excel spreadsheets, Documents to Go is one example. Unfortunately
Docs2Go doesnt like the functions I used in this spreadsheet. Know of
any others that will?

Works great in Open Office/Linux too. You must have set up all night
entering price data??

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

GarageWoodworks wrote:

[...]

OBTW what program are you using to load your images on your website?
Thinking about using something similar on my site.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 5:05*pm, evodawg wrote:
GarageWoodworks wrote:
[...]

Image Thumbnail Viewer:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

or hehttp://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumbe....php(checkback
for improvements/mods)

You can change the prices to your lumber yard (in Sheet Two). Let me
know what you think.

It would be nice to take this spreadsheet with me to the lumber yard
and calculate on the fly. There are some iPhone apps that can use
Excel spreadsheets, Documents to Go is one example. Unfortunately
Docs2Go doesn’t like the functions I used in this spreadsheet. Know of
any others that will?

My yard guys come very close. When I went last weekend a large piece
of 8/4 cherry was priced in my favor by a few bucks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
Hey, now if you can include the yards tendancy to always round up in
their own favor, and add in undocumented "mill" charges and prices
that change from what you were quoted a week ago over the phone you
might get something that even comes close to what they actually end up
charging.

I've never found a single instance of the yard I use rounding in anyone's
favor but mine. Sorry your experience hasn't been the same.

Price changes over the course of a week? That's pretty standard, imo.

I thought it was a useful sheet.

board foot rule joe Woodworking 20 March 14th 08 06:36 PM
30-Year-Old Planed Oak - $2 Per Board Foot (Dallas Area) Martin Woodworking 5 February 11th 07 10:40 PM
ms excel board ft. calculator for multiple boards rickd Woodworking 0 May 5th 06 05:43 PM
Cost of Wood and Charges per Board Foot Greg G. Woodworking 66 December 6th 05 12:15 PM
free inch foot calculator || Woodworking 25 February 5th 05 08:55 PM