Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Board Foot Calculator Spreadsheet

GarageWoodworks wrote:

Hey Gang,

I made a board feet calculator/spreadsheet. I included the lumber
prices for €śThe Hardwood Store€ť (where I go in NC). You select your
lumber and thickness from a drop-down list and input length width etc.
The prices change automatically depending on how many bd feet you are
buying (my lumber yard has this feature, you can remove it by having
the same price for all amounts if you need to).

The sheet is €ślocked€ť to prevent unwanted accidental changes, but you
can unlock it if you need to.

download:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumber_bd_feet.xls
or he http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumberstorage.php (check back
for improvements/mods)

You can change the prices to your lumber yard (in Sheet Two). Let me
know what you think.

It would be nice to take this spreadsheet with me to the lumber yard
and calculate on the fly. There are some iPhone apps that can use
Excel spreadsheets, Documents to Go is one example. Unfortunately
Docs2Go doesnt like the functions I used in this spreadsheet. Know of
any others that will?

OBTW what program are you using to load your images on your website?
Thinking about using something similar on my site.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"