Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: With All The Other...........

RonB wrote:
I don't think Tiger can be blamed for doing what comes naturally. If
we search the depths of our souls, if we apply the "rational man"
test, we'll agree that Tiger was the one most abused.

Holy Crap!. I'll just go tell my grand-kids that if they work hard,
become successful and make tons of money, its OK to screw around on
your family.

Not what I'm saying. All events must take into account two things: The act
itself and the motivation behind it. Shooting someone in self-defense and
assassinating someone for hire are two separate offenses even though the
result is the same. A drowning man is going to grab anything that floats,
even if it's another person. A Mormon dying of thirst is going to gulp down
a beer, even a warm beer.

These transgressions must be forgiven for two reasons: The actor lacked the
requisite mens rea, and the over-arching principle of 'exigent
circumstances.'

When a dog barks, the dog's just doing what dogs do. When a woman talks
incessantly about people you don't know and describes what everyone was
wearing at the local cat show, she's just doing what women do. Neither can
be faulted for doing that which is part of their nature.

Men and women have different reproductive strategies: The job of the female
is to get the best sperm possible. The job of the male is to impregnate as
many females as he can. These are innate, inherited, biological, and
evolutionary mandates. You violate millions of years of imperatives at
peril. Further, in all mammals, it is the female that does the choosing of
mates. What we have here is a number of tarts and strumpets selecting ONE
male.

Nope, not his fault.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:
RonB wrote:
[...]

Bub, do you have a confession (or confessions) that you wanna make?

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Steve Turner wrote:

I can't understand what was wrong with what he had at home... One of the
finest looking ladies on the planet if you ask me, and he's out tapping
anything that comes along? What a dumbass.

That eternal, unanswered, philosophical question: "Is it all really pink
on the inside?"

Don't know, but willing to do the research.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
Steve Turner wrote:

I can't understand what was wrong with what he had at home... One of the
finest looking ladies on the planet if you ask me, and he's out tapping
anything that comes along? What a dumbass.

That eternal, unanswered, philosophical question: "Is it all really pink
on the inside?"

Don't know, but willing to do the research.

That ready willingness is the topic under discussion ... in case you
haven't noticed! G

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:12:59 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Dec 11, 10:08*am, Steve Turner wrote:
RonB wrote:
On Dec 11, 7:53 am, RonB wrote:
On Dec 10, 3:10 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

With all the other nonsense that gets posted to the wreck, I'm
surprised nothing has surfaced about the number one player in
professional golf.
Lew
*"What's to say? Tiger is the victim here......"
"Give the guy a break. After all that effort and sacrifice......"
He's the victim? *Good grief! *What about wife, family and maybe even
the folks who work for him, not to mention the public who adored him.
He WAS among the few very big personalities that parents could point
to and say "Look at that guy. He has made it big in life and kept his
head straight." *If even some of the stuff starting to surface now is
true, he has been hitting on every thing in sight.

Don't expect a Boo Hoo here. *The guy knew he had a family, he knew he
had obligations to fans, he knew he had millions of dollars in
endorsement money at risk, and from what I understand he was raised
understanding the value of honesty and morality. *If his world caves
in on him it is because he knocked the props out from under it one
skirt at a time.

So there! *I feel better now.

RonB

Oh...And by the way he also knew he had a prenuptial agreement.

Just lost control of his zipper!

RonB

I can't understand what was wrong with what he had at home... *One of the finest looking
ladies on the planet if you ask me, and he's out tapping anything that comes along? *What a
dumbass.

--
Repeat after me:
"I am we Todd it. *I am sofa king we Todd it."

No matter how hot a woman is, somewhere there's some guy who thinks
she's a bitch.
Wood's wife 'looks' real pretty..... but that don't mean much. She
could have 'issues'.

That's why I never married. Looks wear off, personalities come out
which don't always remain matched after the two of you evolve, etc. I
had one very tight girlfriend who I thought might be the one, but she
turned into a raving bitch once we got her on the pill. Her hormones
really kicked in and she was a different person. I watched my parents
divorce (but remarried each other a year later.)

I knew lots of friends in high school who got married shortly after.
Ten years later, _every_single_one_ had been divorced at least once.
Even my sister, the stable one, didn't last quite twenty years.

That was enough proof for me.

I don't blame Tiger one bit.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:17:45 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

RonB wrote:
On Dec 11, 7:53 am, RonB wrote:
Oh...And by the way he also knew he had a prenuptial agreement.
Just lost control of his zipper!
RonB
I can't understand what was wrong with what he had at home... One of the finest looking
ladies on the planet if you ask me, and he's out tapping anything that comes along? What a
dumbass.

No matter how hot a woman is, somewhere there's some guy who thinks
she's a bitch.
Wood's wife 'looks' real pretty..... but that don't mean much. She
could have 'issues'.

True, of course. But damn! :-)

She'd be alright with a breast reduction. Take off about 2/3, please!
I'm a Confucian. He say "More than mouthful wasted."

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Steve Turner wrote:

I can't understand what was wrong with what he had at home... One of the
finest looking ladies on the planet if you ask me, and he's out tapping
anything that comes along? What a dumbass.

That eternal, unanswered, philosophical question: "Is it all really pink
on the inside?"

Followed by "Does it all really look the same upside down?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11 Dec 2009 16:26:49 GMT, the infamous Elrond Hubbard
scrawled the following:

Tom Watson wrote in
:

Little head does all the thinkin'
Even more when big head's drinkin'
Would you get in that one's pants
Only if you had the chance

Tom Watson

Very nice, I'm going to start the Pulitzer buzz for 2010.

I came across this two nights ago in my bedtime reading:

"...many men are goats and can't help committing adultery when they get a
chance; whereas there are numbers of men who, by temperament, can keep
their purity and let an opportunity go by if the woman lacks in
attractiveness."

Mark Twain, in "Letters from the Earth"

Says it all, doncha think?

Then there are people like one of my old bosses, whose motto was

"If it moves, fondle it. I'll take 'em all. 9 to 90, and blind,
crippled, or drunk."

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:35:34 -0800, the infamous "CW"
scrawled the following:

I've been married for 28 years. Never cheated on my wife dispite MANY
opportunities. My wife, now at age 62, has NO sex drive. I can't say the
same. I made a commitment years ago. I knew the consequences of my actions
then and was, and am, willing to except them. BTW, I'm 49.

You must be ambidextrous, too. wink, wink, nudge, nudge, KWIM?

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

From a DOS window in XP, no. It says that FAT32 doesn't support that
size. I wonder if I could tell it to try NTFS. It's been a long time
since I did DOS level work.

Suggestions from the peanut gallery are cheerfully accepted.

NTFS is definitely the way to go ...don't worry about doing it at DOS
level as you don't want to use fdisk anyway, let Windows have a shot,
nothing to lose since you're returning it in any event.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I knew lots of friends in high school who got married shortly after.
Ten years later, _every_single_one_ had been divorced at least once.
Even my sister, the stable one, didn't last quite twenty years.

That was enough proof for me.

If you have the slightest doubt, it is better not to marry. OTOH, I'm going
on 44 years and very happy. Would I do it again with someone else?
Definitely not because while there are many women I like a lot, I'd not want
to marry any of them.

One woman in particular I spend a lot of time with both with and without my
wife. She has been married once and has had a couple of other live in
arrangements but living with her would ruin a good friendship.

Used to be 50% divorce rate but may be higher now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 12, 4:18 am, "
wrote:
[snipped a a whole bunch of good stuff for brevitiarazation purposes].

If there was absolutely no other reason, I would not cheat because I
wouldn't be true to myself. My oath to someone else is secondary.
There have been times when my integrity seems to be all I had.

My reply to your post, Robert, was long and detailed...but I decided
to just send the last paragraph...to wit:

Tiger Woods is a fraud. Plain and simple. What a selfish asshole. And
now he's making sure that all those people who put him in all those
tournaments, benefitting local economies, etc. are getting screwed
too. Pondscum.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

My reply to your post, Robert, was long and detailed...but I decided
to just send the last paragraph...to wit:

Tiger Woods is a fraud. Plain and simple. What a selfish asshole.
And
now he's making sure that all those people who put him in all those
tournaments, benefitting local economies, etc. are getting screwed
too. Pondscum.

I'm certainly not condoning his behavior; however, his father was his
counsel, his base reference point, etc.

Just curious as to the timing of start of his shenanigans and the
death of his father?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 01:18:09 -0800 (PST), the infamous
" scrawled the
following:

Take the bitch out of the equation. No one made Tiger get married.
But part of marriage and acting like a grown up is to keep your word.
Now for you I see it is OK to lie to your wife. But how about Tiger's
own, personal integrity? He compromised himself, his integrity, and
his honesty. HE pledged those things, and if he can't be true to his
wife, he should at least be true to himself.

Hey, I've seen figures for adultery rates range from 60 to 90% here in
the USA. I started keeping track to show people why it makes no
difference that I'm single. The majority of men and women couple,
regardless of marital status.

My old man always told me "you better watch what you do in your life;
remember, you will have to look yourself in the eye every single
morning when you shave.... make sure you can do it".

Good advice.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 06:46:27 -0500, the infamous "Mike Marlow"
scrawled the following:

"Swingman" wrote in message
Steve Turner wrote:

I can't understand what was wrong with what he had at home... One of the
finest looking ladies on the planet if you ask me, and he's out tapping
anything that comes along? What a dumbass.

That eternal, unanswered, philosophical question: "Is it all really pink
on the inside?"

Followed by "Does it all really look the same upside down?

As the French say, "If you can't join 'em, lick 'em."

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:57:15 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

From a DOS window in XP, no. It says that FAT32 doesn't support that
size. I wonder if I could tell it to try NTFS. It's been a long time
since I did DOS level work.

Suggestions from the peanut gallery are cheerfully accepted.

NTFS is definitely the way to go ...don't worry about doing it at DOS
level as you don't want to use fdisk anyway, let Windows have a shot,
nothing to lose since you're returning it in any event.

I had just tried that, to no avail, when I read your post.

C:\format F:/FS:NTFS gives me "NTFS file system is not supported on
this device optimized for removal."

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

BTDT, #9 doesn't happen. (I can't get a valid formatting.)

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/index.html

Free ... worth a shot?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: With All The Other...........Big Jim's Saga- humor

THE BIG JIM SAGAS

Big Jim is a pseudonym for one of the finest men who ever drew
breath. Big Jim and his wife, Joan
are the kind of people everyone would like to have as a neighbor.
I am telling these tales about
Big Jim out of my belief that they are too good to pass without
remembering. This tale, one of two, was posted here one heck of a
long time ago. Perhaps you'll enjoy it again. . . or for the
first time.
-----------------
Big Jim’s Romance

Big Jim was the type of neighbor that every person wants to have.
He was
the kind of fellow who would come to your house at 4:00 in the
morning, if
you needed help, would loan you any tool that he had in his shop,
would go
out with you to help cut firewood and would help you stack it when
you got
home. His wife and my wife were also best friends. . . with
coffee in the
mornings or shopping in the afternoon. On weekends, if Big Jim
wasn't down
at my house helping me do something, I could usually be found up
at his
house, returning the favor. After around fifteen years of being
friends and neighbors,
you get to know folks really well- you think!

Big Jim was 6 years older than I was, and was approaching his late
40's at the time. He
had married Joan, his high school sweetheart, following his high
school
graduation and had enjoyed over 30 years of marriage. The
marriage had
produced a beautiful daughter, who had just graduated from high
school
herself. Joan and Big Jim had made a warm and welcome home on the
second floor of their
house for Joan's mother, who had lived with them for many, many
years.
Being a kind and good-hearted man, Big Jim thought of Joan's
mother as an
inseparable part of his own family. Big Jim's own mother still
lived on a
farm outside of town, and we were always driving out to spend an
afternoon
at her place. She was a very capable and typical farm woman:
strong as any man and capable of
handling herself in any situation.

My wife and I never observed any change in Big Jim, but the onset
of middle age
had apparently been taking its toll. Big Jim apparently thought
he was
slowing down a little in his love life at home, and I later heard
that Joan
had confided to my wife that Big Jim just wasn't the man had had
been ten
years earlier. Big Jim wasn't the kind of fellow who would give
up anything
easily, and apparently had decided that he could regenerate things
a bit by
having some extracurricular activity.

Working at a large office in town, Big Jim and one of the ladies
at the
office decided that they'd meet for a "few drinks" one Saturday
afternoon. I
honestly don't think that Big Jim had done anything like this in
his 30+
years of marriage, but he and the "new sweetheart" decided that
they'd have
an affair that fateful Saturday afternoon.

The Saturday arrived on a beautiful Spring day, and Big Jim told
Joan that he had to go into work that
afternoon to clean up some paperwork- not at all unusual activity
for him.
Instead, he drove to the appointed motel, where he met "Suzy" in
the bar.
They had 3-4 drinks and then checked into a room. This was where
Big Jim
made the biggest mistake in his life!

Do you remember me mentioning earlier that Big Jim and Joan had a
beautiful
daughter, who had just graduated from high school? Well, Big Jim
had
overlooked the simple fact that his daughter had just started her
new job. . .
SHE WAS NOW THE 3:00p-11:00p ROOM CLERK AT THE SAME
MOTEL WHERE BIG JIM HAD JUST CHECKED IN WITH SUSY.

Now, my friends, here is where the sad-but-true tale becomes
exciting. For those of you who may be sensitive or deplore
violence, just move on, since from here on, it gets ugly.

Big Jim and "Suzy" had just retired to the room when his daughter
came on
duty. The daughter looked over the new check-ins and saw that a
person with her
own father's name had checked into the motel about a half hour
earlier. As
a matter of fact, the person had used the same address as her
father, had
signed the register in the same handwriting as her father and had
paid with
a credit card with the same number as the one she had in her own
purse! It seems that poor Big Jim had been drinking, and drinking
too much to use common sense.

The daughter was very concerned, and even asked the outgoing room
clerk if he
remembered the arrival in question. He did, and described both
Big Jim and
his "wife." Since the daughter certainly had different ideas of
her mother's
description and was convinced that she only had one mother waiting
for her at
home, she became skeptical of her Dad's intentions in checking
into the motel.
To assuage that skepticism, she did what any evil, no good, rotten
daughter would do: she called her
mother at home and asked her, Where is Daddy?" When Daddy's
itinerary he had
left with her mother failed to anticipate his checking into the
hotel, both
mother and daughter came to the same unfortunate conclusion. . .
and Hell was
to soon be close at hand for my best friend.

The following was assembled as a series of fractured and
fragmented tales told
to both me and my wife on a number of different occasions
over the weeks
following that fateful assignation. Frequently, it was
necessary for my good
wife and me to compare our "notes" on the tales, since they
were usually
related to us with a great deal of crying, shouting or
requiring an occasional
bribe of Jack Daniel’s to spark the memory grin.

About an hour after checking in, Big Jim was "relaxing" in the
room with Suzy
when there was a knock on the door. Thinking that it was
housekeeping, he
approached the door with a towel wrapped around his waist and
opened the door
part way. There, standing in the hallway, was his daughter, his
wife,
his own mother and his mother-in-law. The four ladies then pushed
the door the
remainder of the way open and entered the room to discuss Big
Jim's indiscretions and his future.
There is a saying that, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,"
and I guess that
on that fateful afternoon, Big Jim learned that applied to ALL the
women in his
life, and not just his wife.

The sweetheart, Suzy, sharing the room with Big Jim, ran out the
patio door
wearing nothing but a panicked expression, but grabbing her purse
and clothes
on the way out. She got in her car and drove away, totally naked,
but unharmed-
leaving poor Big Jim to try to explain to these four irate women
what he had been doing
at the motel. Whenever I hear the old joke; "Who are you going to
believe- me or
your lying eyes?", I think of poor Big Jim. Suzy’s escape was of
no concern to the
four women, since they had far bigger game on their minds.

The police were never called, but it was almost an hour before the
four women in
Big Jim's life paused long enough for him to even get dressed.
Later, my wife told
me some of the things Joan said had happened, such as Big Jim's
own mother ripping
away even his towel, so that, "He had nothing to hide behind,"
and the four women
tossing him into the cold water shower to "wash the sin and filth
away," . . . Frankly, I
didn't even want to hear that, and the image still haunts my mind.

That evening, Joan called my wife to tell her what happened, and
that she
was throwing Big Jim out. Even as they talked, Big Jim arrived at
my house, chuffing
into my garage on his garden tractor and towing his trailer. Big
Jim's eyes were
puffed almost shut, he had a long scrape on his face and he
generally looked like hell.
The trailer was absolutely loaded with every power and hand tool
that Big Jim
could put in it; he wanted to know if it'd be OK to store his
tools in my
garage. We ended up making 5 more trips up to Big Jim's house
that night
with both of our tractors/trailers to clean out his closet and
workshop of
power tools, guns and golf clubs. All the time, the four women at
Big Jim's
home were outside and freely expressing their dissatisfaction with
his actions
of that afternoon. I was even verbally abused because, "I was his
best
friend and should have known what he was going to do." At my own
home, my good
wife of many years would deride poor Big Jim whenever we were
unloading his worldly possessions into my garage.

For any of you who might be wondering, all this took place over 25
years ago.
Following the incident, Big Jim did the appropriate amount of
crying, begging
and pleading, and by the following weekend, he had emptied my
garage again and had moved himself and his tools
back into his house. I'm happy to say that while the incident was
never
forgotten, the pain and anguish eventually diminished.

From the incident, there are at least a couple things that I
learned that deserve to be shared with fellow
husbands and readers of this essay:

1) If you plan on having extracurricular marital activity,
consider portable
tools, such as the Delta Contractor's saw and not a Unisaw. It is
easier to
move them if you get caught

2) Always remember where your daughter is working

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:28:33 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

BTDT, #9 doesn't happen. (I can't get a valid formatting.)

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/index.html

Free ... worth a shot?

Definitely. DLed, unzipped, tried...
First it said "Partition Collappsed"[sic]
Then it told me to initialize the drive. I did.
Then I selected the entire drive area and tried
formatting: "Failed to determine drive", both
with and without the Quick Format selected.

Drat, it's unusable.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

BTDT, #9 doesn't happen. (I can't get a valid formatting.)

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/index.html

Free ... worth a shot?

Definitely. DLed, unzipped, tried...
First it said "Partition Collappsed"[sic]
Then it told me to initialize the drive. I did.
Then I selected the entire drive area and tried
formatting: "Failed to determine drive", both
with and without the Quick Format selected.

Drat, it's unusable.

--

Count your blessings.

At least it is not full of sulphuric acid and will not corrode your
house/computer/etc.

Like chinese drywall.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 01:01:38 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"
scrawled the following:

.. .

Larry Jaques wrote:

BTDT, #9 doesn't happen. (I can't get a valid formatting.)

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/index.html

Free ... worth a shot?

Definitely. DLed, unzipped, tried...
First it said "Partition Collappsed"[sic]
Then it told me to initialize the drive. I did.
Then I selected the entire drive area and tried
formatting: "Failed to determine drive", both
with and without the Quick Format selected.

Drat, it's unusable.

--

Count your blessings.

At least it is not full of sulphuric acid and will not corrode your
house/computer/etc.

Like chinese drywall.

True! But I believe my luck is changing. This came via email this
morning and I'm feeling so blessed!

--snip--
Our Ref: FGN /00XX/ABJ
Your Ref:....................

Good Day.

This is to officially inform you that(ATM Card Number;
4278763100030014)
has been accredited with your favor.Your Personal Identification
Number is 822. The ATM Card Value is $6.8MILLION USD. The Office of
the Presidency,The Senate in conjunction with the United State
Government,The United Nations Organization and The World Bank has
agreed that all payment will be through ATM CARD to avoid re
occurrence of officials enriching them selves through contractors like
you.

We have no time to waste on this matter as every thing is clear and
obvious that within two days your card will be delivered to you
through FedEx courier service company.You are highly advised to dis
communicate who ever that promise to transfer your fund to you.It is
not true unless you want to involve your self in another scam and will
shall not be held responsible for that stupid act because we warned
you.You are advise to send the following information to enable the
FedEx company to deliver your ATM CARD immediately.

You shall be educate on how to use it or operate it as soon as you
respond to this mail and also inform how much you will be withdrawing
on daily bases.Please contact Mr Cliff Richard for the processing of
your ATM CARD and Delivery to your house.His email

Tel:+234 8037176106.

FULL NAME:
DELIVERY ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER
COUNTRY:
OCCUPATION:
SEX:
AGE:

Regards.
SENATOR DAVID MARK
SENATE PRESIDENT.FED REP OF NIGERIA.
--snip--

Oh, mercy. I can't wait! "I'll be rich!" thud

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

You shall be educate on how to use it or operate it as soon as you
respond to this mail and also inform how much you will be withdrawing
on daily bases.Please contact Mr Cliff Richard for the processing of
your ATM CARD and Delivery to your house.His email

Cliff Richard! I am now educate on what he's do since having a hit on the
charts.

Congrats on your newfound fortune!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Righteous Indignation

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?

Socialite: My goodness, Mr. Churchill! Well, I suppose – we would have
to discuss terms, naturally.

Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?

Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!

Churchill: Madam, we have already established what you are. Now we are
haggling about the price.

(possibly apocryphal but to the point)

To those who profess to be without sin and therefore deem themselves
qualified to cast the first stone - I would suggest that you have not
been adequately tempted.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Tom Watson wrote:
Righteous Indignation

[snip]

To those who profess to be without sin and therefore deem themselves
qualified to cast the first stone - I would suggest that you have not
been adequately tempted.

"The weakest of all weak things is virtue that has never been tested in the
fire."

I comment to your attention the source of this quotation, a short story by
Mark Twain entitled "The Man Who Corrupted Hadleyburg".

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nonny wrote:
THE BIG JIM SAGAS

Big Jim is a pseudonym for one of the finest men who ever drew
breath. Big Jim and his wife, Joan
are the kind of people everyone would like to have as a neighbor.

[...]

Obviously he didn't try the "But honey, it was only sex!" excuse.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
RonB wrote:

Just lost control of his zipper!

There, but for lack of opportunity, go most of us ....

Exactly. About 98% of his target audience ENVY his predicament. As
recently as 20 years ago I might have!

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:41:38 -0600, Swingman wrote:

RonB wrote:

Just lost control of his zipper!

There, but for lack of opportunity, go most of us ....

Hoggamus higgamus
Men are polygamous
Higgamus hoggamus
Women monogamous

William James

Little head does all the thinkin'
Even more when big head's drinkin'
Would you get in that one's pants
Only if you had the chance

Tom Watson

They all look good at closing time.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default With All The Other...........

Lew Hodgett wrote:
With all the other nonsense that gets posted to the wreck, I'm
surprised nothing has surfaced about the number one player in
professional golf.

I've seen a lot in other venues. Strangely, however, only one article
placing the blame where it really belongs:

Wait for it now...

Tiger's wife.

Yes, a husband doesn't diddle multiple trollops in every city with a putting
green without the wife knowing or at least "knowing." That she didn't say or
do something, such as shooting her husband, gave tacit permission and
encouragement to his behavior.

Now she's playing the aggrieved victim. How droll.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 15, 3:11*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
With all the other nonsense that gets posted to the wreck, I'm
surprised nothing has surfaced about the number one player in
professional golf.

I've seen a lot in other venues. Strangely, however, only one article
placing the blame where it really belongs:

Wait for it now...

Tiger's wife.

Yes, a husband doesn't diddle multiple trollops in every city with a putting
green without the wife knowing or at least "knowing." That she didn't say or
do something, such as shooting her husband, gave tacit permission and
encouragement to his behavior.

Now she's playing the aggrieved victim. How droll.

Oh, good grief! I suppose all rape victims' clothing was too
suggestive too. Get a grip on it!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you...
The truth is starting to come out.

Swingman wrote:
RonB wrote:

Just lost control of his zipper!

There, but for lack of opportunity, go most of us ....

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

So.... who will man up? Who will say, I am doing "that" now, or I
sure would be screwing as many women as I could if I had the
opportunity myself?

Does just looking count?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Dec 16, 12:55 pm, Pat Barber wrote:

snip

So.... who will man up? Who will say, I am doing "that" now, or I
sure would be screwing as many women as I could if I had the
opportunity myself?

Love to see some of the more modern thinking folks come out and say
they are doing more than working their mouths, here. I would like to
see just how many people here believe enough in what they say to
confirm they live their personal lives the same way.

Robert

You won't hear it from me, have been married or in a serious
relationships for 25 yrs and never once have I cheated on a
girlfriend/wife.

And yes, there were plenty of offers. A women that would
knowingly offer herself to a married man is more disgusting
than tempting.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

So.... who will man up? Who will say, I am doing "that" now, or I
sure would be screwing as many women as I could if I had the
opportunity myself?

Does just looking count?

only if it's in your heart

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 16, 3:40*pm, "
wrote:
[snipped another good one for brevity's sake]

For me to be even remotely interested in a fling, the 'other' woman
would have to be more beautiful inside and out, more intelligent, and
more loving/caring than the one I'm married to.
THAT will never happen.
I am still able to appreciate the physical beauty of other women...
there's some stunning bitchmeat out there...

Besides... scoring floozies when one has Tiger-kinda money, is hardly
a challenge.
If he shot 18 hole-in-one's at the next Masters...he wouldn't crawl up
my respect scale one lousy inch.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/16/09 4:57 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Dec 16, 3:40 pm,
wrote:
[snipped another good one for brevity's sake]

For me to be even remotely interested in a fling, the 'other' woman
would have to be more beautiful inside and out, more intelligent, and
more loving/caring than the one I'm married to.
THAT will never happen.
I am still able to appreciate the physical beauty of other women...
there's some stunning bitchmeat out there...

Besides... scoring floozies when one has Tiger-kinda money, is hardly
a challenge.
If he shot 18 hole-in-one's at the next Masters...he wouldn't crawl up
my respect scale one lousy inch.

I agree totally, I can't even begin to imagine the woman that would be
able to lead me to cheat on my wife. Sure, the opportunity has
presented itself, but it was easy to say no.

My word is my honour, I made the commitment when we said our vows.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:

Thank you...
The truth is starting to come out.

One of the more ironic things in this is the media feeding frenzy,
especially compared to their [non]coverage of one fairly serious
presidential primary contender who engaged in the same kind of behavior with
one of his staff while his wife was fighting cancer, fathered a child, and
then paid to cover it up. Funny thing, the only media to cover it was the
Enquirer, all the other media outlets tried to ignore the story and had be
be dragged, kicking and streaming to even give it some mention.

Swingman wrote:
RonB wrote:

Just lost control of his zipper!

There, but for lack of opportunity, go most of us ....

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 16, 3:15 pm, Swingman wrote:

Does just looking count?

Yikes!!

No way! If it did, I would have been boiled in oil and my hide tacked
to a barn. I don't think there is any limit to appreciating the fine
form of a woman, nor should there be.

I do love summer time and the old fashioned sun dresses...

Gets the juices flowing!

Robert