MattP

Default Kitchen worktop jig

Hi there

Can anyone recommend where I can get a cheap kitchen worktop jig from. I
only need to make 3 cuts!

Alternatively, do you know if it's possible to hire one?

Many thnx.

Matt

Tom

..Hi there

Can anyone recommend where I can get a cheap kitchen worktop jig from. I
only need to make 3 cuts!

Alternatively, do you know if it's possible to hire one?

Many thnx.

Matt

We don't use
pejorative language like that here! But seriously, I don't know what you mean
by "kitchen worktop jig". Or whether you can "hire" one. Please expound.
Someday, it'll all be over....
Frank McVey

Kitchen worktop jigs are used to joint worktop sections into a T or an
L-shape. It forms a neat version of the "masons mitre" in the corners.
Additionally, they have templates for sinking in the special bolts used to
pull the joints up tight.

Here in UK, the cheapest versions I have seen are on Ebay. www.screwfix.com
also do a fairly cheap version. Most tool hire firms will hire you the jig,
router and cutters to do the job.

HTH

Frank

"Tom" wrote in message
.Hi there

Can anyone recommend where I can get a cheap kitchen worktop jig from. I
only need to make 3 cuts!

Alternatively, do you know if it's possible to hire one?

Many thnx.

Matt

We don't

use
pejorative language like that here! But seriously, I don't know what you

mean
by "kitchen worktop jig". Or whether you can "hire" one. Please expound.
Someday, it'll all be over....

---

Preston Andreas

I searched on worktop jigs and all the sites are UK. Looks like a pretty
neat template. I wonder if they are sold in the US. Also, do you use the
word "hire" the jig as "renting" the jig?

Preston

"Tom" wrote in message
.Hi there

Can anyone recommend where I can get a cheap kitchen worktop jig from.

only need to make 3 cuts!

Alternatively, do you know if it's possible to hire one?

Many thnx.

Matt

We don't

use
pejorative language like that here! But seriously, I don't know what you

mean
by "kitchen worktop jig". Or whether you can "hire" one. Please expound.
Someday, it'll all be over....

---

Swingman

"Preston Andreas" wrote in message

I searched on worktop jigs and all the sites are UK. Looks like a pretty
neat template. I wonder if they are sold in the US. Also, do you use the
word "hire" the jig as "renting" the jig?

"Frank McVey" wrote in message
also do a fairly cheap version. Most tool hire firms will hire you the

jig

Correct ... "Hire", in many forms, is the connotative equivalent to our
"rent" in the Queen's English. A "hire car" is a rental car, "hire purchase"
is akin to our lease purchase, etc.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/16/04

Tom

Frank McVey wrote:
Correct ... "Hire", in many forms, is the connotative equivalent to our
"rent" in the Queen's English. A "hire car" is a rental car, "hire purchase"
is akin to our lease purchase, etc.

That would explain my confusion. Two countries, separated by a common
language. Tom
Someday, it'll all be over....