Ephraim Glueck

Default Table Saw RIGID - recomendations?

Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience with the Rigid #TS3650 Table Saw (company
site link below)
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3650-Table-Saw/

I don't know that much about table saws (just bought our first house and I
finally have a garage) but it seems like a solid macine. I was looking for
a Delta on a friends recomendation, he said they were inexpensive and
capable but the Rigid looked very good for $600.00 at HD.

Also - I noticed that the head tilts to the left and it seems to me that
right tilting are more common - does that make any difference?

Thank You
Ephraim

Bob G.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:32:20 GMT, "Ephraim Glueck"
wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience with the Rigid #TS3650 Table Saw (company
site link below)
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3650-Table-Saw/

I don't know that much about table saws (just bought our first house and I
finally have a garage) but it seems like a solid macine. I was looking for
a Delta on a friends recomendation, he said they were inexpensive and
capable but the Rigid looked very good for $600.00 at HD.

Also - I noticed that the head tilts to the left and it seems to me that
right tilting are more common - does that make any difference?

Thank You
Ephraim

===================

I will let you do a Google search on L vs R tilt....You may be able to
read all the posts before you are 100 years old.... But IMHO it makes
absolutely no difference...

I am not about to tell you that this saw is worthless...because it
honestly is not...for someone like yourself who is just starting out
as a new homeowner and wantabe
woodworker IT will work fine... You may or may not ever need to
upgrade ...

Given the choice I would spend my money on a Delta or Jet BUT
that is my problem NOT yours...

Enjoy the home, and the "shop".....

Bob Griffiths

Oscar

Been using my 3650 for about 1 month now. Also a newbe, I decided to go for
the Ridgid because for the money it seemed to be the best saw. My long term
goals are to get into furniture making. If that doesn't pan out then I
saved a few bucks, if my skills and interest continue to increase then I
expect to up grade to a jet or delta cabinet saw. I just couldn't justify
the 1.7K on novice skills. Plus for now I would like to park at least one
car in the garage. When I have my own shop.........

Herman is right, get a new blade, still waiting on mine.

I also agree with Charlie on the mobile base, not sure I installed my
right, I find it quite hard to move around on the wheels (but it does move
*much* easier than without them). I think it may have been easier to
install upside down as well.