Bob G.

Default Table Saw RIGID - recomendations?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:32:20 GMT, "Ephraim Glueck"
wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience with the Rigid #TS3650 Table Saw (company
site link below)
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3650-Table-Saw/

I don't know that much about table saws (just bought our first house and I
finally have a garage) but it seems like a solid macine. I was looking for
a Delta on a friends recomendation, he said they were inexpensive and
capable but the Rigid looked very good for $600.00 at HD.

Also - I noticed that the head tilts to the left and it seems to me that
right tilting are more common - does that make any difference?

Thank You
Ephraim

===================

I will let you do a Google search on L vs R tilt....You may be able to
read all the posts before you are 100 years old.... But IMHO it makes
absolutely no difference...

I am not about to tell you that this saw is worthless...because it
honestly is not...for someone like yourself who is just starting out
as a new homeowner and wantabe
woodworker IT will work fine... You may or may not ever need to
upgrade ...

Given the choice I would spend my money on a Delta or Jet BUT
that is my problem NOT yours...

Enjoy the home, and the "shop".....

Bob Griffiths