bobby

Default Free Woodwork Plans Directory

We just added a Plans section to our website for woodworkers to share their
woodworking plans with the world. We have over 600 free plans listed!!!

http://woodworkweb.com/woodwork/downloads.html

WoodWorkWeb.com is an Internet community designed for all sections of
woodworkers. Our site provides message boards, latest news, links listing,
story submission, and much more.
Please have a look and tell us what you think - http://www.woodworkweb.com

Toller

Very nice; I actually found something there I hadn't found elsewhere.

However...
You have desks in two catagories.
You have free plans mixed in with purchased ones.

bobby

Hey, good eye, I'll have to move all the desks into one category.
There's about 660 free plans in there, and 40 paid ones from Rockler, all
labeled as from Rockler.

Thanks for catching the category mistake

"Toller" wrote in message
Very nice; I actually found something there I hadn't found elsewhere.

However...
You have desks in two catagories.
You have free plans mixed in with purchased ones.

Vic Baron

Pardon me for being a grump but when I read the word FREE, I do not want to
see plans that come with a charge. I looked at several plans and they all
were $3.95 or more.

To me that's NOT free. Also a waste of time.

Just MHO,

Vic

"bobby" wrote in message
We just added a Plans section to our website for woodworkers to share

their
woodworking plans with the world. We have over 600 free plans listed!!!

http://woodworkweb.com/woodwork/downloads.html

WoodWorkWeb.com is an Internet community designed for all sections of
woodworkers. Our site provides message boards, latest news, links listing,
story submission, and much more.
Please have a look and tell us what you think -

http://www.woodworkweb.com

Philip Lewis

"Vic Baron" writes:
http://woodworkweb.com/woodwork/downloads.html

Pardon me for being a grump but when I read the word FREE, I do not want to
see plans that come with a charge. I looked at several plans and they all
were $3.95 or more.

Yup... they should list if the link is free or pay. That said, a few
clicks and i've found several non pay.

I've had a page for a while that is an attempt to do the same thing:
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~flip/plans.html

When a site is pay, i will put "PAY" tag on it. (not to say all of
them are marked, but then there is a "update link" link to let me know
if it is an unmarked pay link)

One of these days, i'll database all the links and make page
generation automatic, with better catagories, etc...

--
be safe.
flip

bobby

As I mentioned above, there are about 40 paid Rockler plans in with 660 free
ones.
If you see "-Rockler" next to the title, its a purchase plan......Hmmm.....I
guess placing a "pay" beside them is a consideration we'll have to review.

That's nice list of plans you got, would be a good idea to database them. If
you check out www.hotscripts.com , you should find a nice program to do that
for you

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
. edu...

"Vic Baron" writes:
[...]

Vic Baron

I noticed that all the ones were Rockler - I think "PAY" is the way to go -
that way, if someone uploads a FREE plan from Rockler, I won't get too
confused G.

Nice site though.

Vic

newsQo5c.60392$Up2.6902@pd7tw1no...

No free plans?? striker Woodworking 8 February 29th 04 03:56 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Any plans available for free download for small shed? PDF? Rob B Woodworking 3 October 1st 03 05:58 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Free plans for Mailbox Glen Woodworking 3 August 17th 03 04:31 PM