Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hearing Protection

Bill wrote:
Trying to be considerate, I tried to browse old posts on my usenet
server related to this topic, and I noticed that the product

Peltor H10A Professional Noise Canceling Earmuff

was used by some. It seems "healthy" to me not to have everything
completely muted, and being able to hear voices at normal voices
would be a plus (though I'm not sure how well this product would help
satisfy either of those goals).

Is the one above a "good, safe choice"? Any other models you might
recommend I consider? I suppose if I had a pair, I might start
wearing them when I mow the lawn, though that idea hadn't occurred to
me before.

They're just your basic earmuff. For the price, yeah, they're fine.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:06:27 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Bill wrote:
Trying to be considerate, I tried to browse old posts on my usenet
server related to this topic, and I noticed that the product

Peltor H10A Professional Noise Canceling Earmuff

was used by some. It seems "healthy" to me not to have everything
completely muted, and being able to hear voices at normal voices
would be a plus (though I'm not sure how well this product would help
satisfy either of those goals).

Is the one above a "good, safe choice"? Any other models you might
recommend I consider? I suppose if I had a pair, I might start
wearing them when I mow the lawn, though that idea hadn't occurred to
me before.

They're just your basic earmuff. For the price, yeah, they're fine.

Models? Earmuffs? I much prefer something like, um, Kate Hudson.
Scented/flavored respirator, and the ear coverings (inner thighs) are
soft and self-regulating for toasty ear temperatures.

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Hearing Protection (again) Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 2 June 20th 09 11:48 PM
Hearing protection Lowell Holmes Woodworking 43 January 28th 09 05:23 PM
Hearing Protection? J T Woodworking 0 October 17th 06 09:35 PM
Hearing Protection? Steve Woodworking 7 October 17th 06 04:06 PM
Hearing Protection Maskman Woodworking 51 December 7th 04 03:16 PM