David F. Eisan

Default Ultimate Unisaur/tablesaur?

Dear All,

How is this for the ultimate table saw,

Take three Unisaws, bolt them all together with no extension wings between
them, except for one extension wing on the right hand side. Take a DeWALT
sliding table, bolt it onto the left hand side of the saw. Put a dedicated
crosscut blade on the lefthand saw, a dado head on the middle saw, and a rip
blade on the righthand saw. Mount a Biesemeyer fence to the front of the
three Unisaws. It wouldn't be any bigger than one Unisaw with a 50" fence
and extension table.

Would certainly answer the riddle, what can rip 50", crosscut 30", weighs
1500#, has three arbors and 12 total HP for less than $2000.

I would never have to change a blade again...

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar

Tom Watson

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:34:43 GMT, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

Dear All,

How is this for the ultimate table saw,

Take three Unisaws, bolt them all together with no extension wings between
them, except for one extension wing on the right hand side. Take a DeWALT
sliding table, bolt it onto the left hand side of the saw. Put a dedicated
crosscut blade on the lefthand saw, a dado head on the middle saw, and a rip
blade on the righthand saw. Mount a Biesemeyer fence to the front of the
three Unisaws. It wouldn't be any bigger than one Unisaw with a 50" fence
and extension table.

snipatrocity

I think SCMI already makes one of these.

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Dave Balderstone

In article
e.rogers.com, David
F. Eisan wrote:

I would never have to change a blade again...

And the wind rises, again...

djb

--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?
jo4hn

David F. Eisan wrote:

Dear All,

How is this for the ultimate table saw,

Stay where you are. Relax. Some nice gentlemen will be with you
shortly and will make you feel so nice.
twitch,
jo4hn

Bridger

wrote:

[...]

wouldn't the motors clash with the next cabinet when you tilted them?

and how are you going to torque those bolts?

Rob Stokes

Yur readn' my mind!!!

Rob

--

******PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS******

Please visit our (recently updated) web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
[...]

Rob Stokes

(Just don't forget the router table in the right most wing)

Rob

--

******PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS******

Please visit our (recently updated) web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Rob Stokes" wrote in message
Yur readn' my mind!!!

Rob

[...]

Bob Davis

You were going fine until you got to the part of doing 30" crosscuts
with a Dewalt sliding table. No can do. I suggest you butt the sliding
table from a Jet supersaw against the dewalt sliding table with
cascaded drawer slides. You can do the detailed engineering to make
it work, but then you'll be up for an easy 50" crosscut.

Bob

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message .cable.rogers.com...
Dear All,

How is this for the ultimate table saw,

Mark Jerde

David F. Eisan wrote:
Dear All,

How is this for the ultimate table saw,

Take three Unisaws, bolt them all together with no extension wings
between them, except for one extension wing on the right hand side.

I have an opportunity to get a 2nd contractor saw at a good price but space
is too limited in my single car garage shop. Then I realized if I removed
the right wing of my Griz there would plenty of room for a 2nd saw in my 36"
right cut fence setup. g

If one were left tilt & the other right... :-)

-- Mark

Silvan

David F. Eisan wrote:

Would certainly answer the riddle, what can rip 50", crosscut 30", weighs
1500#, has three arbors and 12 total HP for less than $2000.

I would never have to change a blade again...

Anyone else think he's starting to sound like Eric Cartman here?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

KYHighlander

you'd still have to change the chippers and shims in the dado blade. Also
you wouldn't have 50" rip if you had the rip blade in the right most saw
unless your talking about 50" on the waste side.

KY

--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

The ultimate e-Bay toy RB Woodworking 11 February 19th 04 12:46 AM
Ultimate Workshop? Backlash Metalworking 57 February 3rd 04 04:09 PM
THE ULTIMATE CHAINSAW? Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 4 September 27th 03 03:07 AM
Ultimate shear strength Bert Metalworking 10 September 21st 03 07:13 PM