Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for 85mm drawer pulls

I'm looking for six brushed nickel or aluminium wire pulls for drawers
in a cabinet I built more than years ago. The distance between the
holes in the drawers is exactly 85 millimetres, not 3", not 3-1/4" or
3-1/2".

I have looked at Lee Valley and other sources but have not been able
to find anything in 85mm. The pull I am looking for look like these
from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...521,43563&ap=1

Thanks

Luigi
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Luigi Zanasi" wrote in message
I'm looking for six brushed nickel or aluminium wire pulls for drawers
in a cabinet I built more than years ago. The distance between the
holes in the drawers is exactly 85 millimetres, not 3", not 3-1/4" or
3-1/2".

I have looked at Lee Valley and other sources but have not been able
to find anything in 85mm. The pull I am looking for look like these
from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...521,43563&ap=1

Thanks

Luigi

Have you tried VanDykes or Cabinetmakers hrdware?
http://www.vandykes.com/
http://wwhardware.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article fc3f863a-1636-41dd-ac37-9f7cb3907372
@i4g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...

I'm looking for six brushed nickel or aluminium wire pulls for drawers
in a cabinet I built more than years ago. The distance between the
holes in the drawers is exactly 85 millimetres, not 3", not 3-1/4" or
3-1/2".

I have looked at Lee Valley and other sources but have not been able
to find anything in 85mm. The pull I am looking for look like these
from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...521,43563&ap=1

Thanks

Luigi

Might be tricky - I just had a look through my cabinet hardware
supplier's catalogue and all the handle holes are 64, 96, 128 and up.
NO 85mm. Those seem to be the accepted standard measurements of all the
manufacturers they carry :-(

-P.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...&cat=3,43520,4...

Thanks

Luigi

Have you tried VanDykes or Cabinetmakers hrdware?http://www.vandykes.com/http://wwhardware.com/

Thanks Leon. No, but after looking they have nothing there of the
right size except for one weird one at Van Dykes. I'll ask SWMBO.

BTW, 3-3/8" is also the right size.

Luigi
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 17, 8:55*pm, Peter Huebner wrote:
In article fc3f863a-1636-41dd-ac37-9f7cb3907372
@i4g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...

I'm looking for six brushed nickel or aluminium wire pulls for drawers
in a cabinet I built more than years ago. The distance between the
holes in the drawers is exactly 85 millimetres, not 3", not 3-1/4" or
3-1/2".

I have looked at Lee Valley and other sources but have not been able
to find anything in 85mm. The pull I am looking for look like these
from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...&cat=3,43520,4...

Thanks

Luigi

Might be tricky - I just had a look through my cabinet hardware
supplier's catalogue and all the handle holes are 64, 96, 128 and up.
NO 85mm. *Those seem to be the accepted standard measurements of all the
manufacturers they carry :-(

It clearly is not a current standard size, either in Europe or North
America. :-( But I did build the cabinets in 1973-74 and I have a
sentimental attachment to them, as they have been with me literally
across Canada, from Newfoundland to the Yukon.

Luigi

Luigi

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Luigi,

Would the piece look right if you were to use an "adapter" plate?
(Don't know the correct name for the plate)

85mm into the piece on one side, 3-1/2" on the other?

Plate might have 12-15mm oversize all around pull.

My bet is that a flying red horse couldn't tell the difference, even
from 1,000 ft away.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Have you tried VanDykes or Cabinetmakers hrdware?
http://www.vandykes.com/

WoW! $75.00 for one drawer pull.... I think they only work with
Festool equipment...

--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 17, 9:19*pm, Luigi Zanasi wrote:
On Sep 17, 4:56*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Luigi Zanasi" wrote in message

I'm looking for six brushed nickel or aluminium wire pulls for drawers
in a cabinet I built more than years ago. The distance between the
holes in the drawers is exactly 85 millimetres, not 3", not 3-1/4" or
3-1/2".

Have you tried VanDykes or Cabinetmakers hrdware?http://www.vandykes.com/http://wwhardware.com/

Thanks Leon. No, but after looking they have nothing there of the
right size except for one weird one at Van Dykes. I'll ask SWMBO.

Thanks everyone and especially Leon. I did end up ordering one at
VanDykes after I finally got my spouse to look at them.

In case you're wondering why it took so long, I was out sexually
harassing gentle innocent forest creatures of the Yukon bush with the
express hope of murdering and butchering them. Unfortunately, my moose
calling brought in a pack of wolves. I figure I sounded like a sick
cow rather than a sexy one.

Luigi

Drilling for drawer pulls Ken McIsaac Woodworking 8 April 24th 07 01:09 PM
Wooden Drawer Pulls stoutman Woodworking 11 October 10th 05 10:58 PM
drawer pulls & backplates Woodworking 2 September 19th 05 04:25 PM
Drawer Pulls Mike Woodworking 7 August 19th 05 01:35 AM
Child's drawer pulls toolmiser Woodworking 9 July 16th 05 05:26 AM